GoToWebinar Desktop App (v8.21.0, b8404) Release Notes

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GoToWebinar Desktop App (v8.21.0, b8404) Release Notes

ginnyc
GoTo Contributor

Mac presenters, you ever get worried about what you're sharing?  Fret no more! Audience View reassures you that attendees are following along with what is on your screen. Read on for more details and other bug fixes.

HIghlights:

• Audience view on Macs
  • Fix for open Recorder screen during recording
  • Additional fixes & minor changes

Rollout plan:

• This build was deployed to customers beginning February 26, 2018.

What's New?

Audience VIew on Mac

• Mac presenters can now enjoy Audience View! The Screen Sharing pane of the current presenter's Control Panel will now display a thumbnail view of what attendees are seeing. This feature reassures presenters that attendees are only seeing what they want them to see, and eliminates the need for the dreaded "Can you see my screen?" question. Previously, this feature was only available on Windows. (GTWG-11966)endpoint8210_g2wmacscreenshare.png

Bug Fixes & Minor Changes:

Fix for Open Recorder Screen during Recording

• Previously, the Recorder screen remained open throughout the entire content recording if users did not check the "Remember my choice" option in the "Select audio" window or checked "Show me audio options before connecting" in their Audio Preferences. Now, the Recorder screen will disappear after the countdown. (GTWG-12203)

Additional fixes:

• Fix for network failure causing invalid audio states (muted audio seeing unmuted audio icon in the Control Panel) (COLLABEP-20879)
  • Fix for missing text in the German GoToWebinar Password window (GTWG-12080)
  • Fix for missing text in the Hallway (Waiting for organizer screen) for accounts set to Spanish (COLLABEP-21133)
  • The Copyright year on the Mac desktop app been updated (COLLABEP-21337)
  • The Content Recorder will now default to Computer audio (mic & speakers) (GTWG-12082)
Version history
Last update:
‎03-01-2018 01:35 PM
Updated by: