cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ManxKevster
New Contributor

Gateway not connecting

Hi all,

I have a gateway network working OK, but I need to change the gateway PC. The new one I allocate just wont connect although it was a client and worked OK.

I've got the log file. Is there any particular thing to check?

8 REPLIES 8
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: Gateway not connecting

Hi @ManxKevster,

Can you provide more details about the new PC and also any error messages, status light colors etc that Hamachi is showing?

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training
ManxKevster
New Contributor

Re: Gateway not connecting

It's running windows server 2022 - not on a domain and there is no error showing.

Log file is HERE

ManxKevster
New Contributor

2 NICs

Are there any settings needed for a gateway on a PC with 2 NICs?

My gateway has a wifi link to the internet and an ethernet cable to the internal network. All of the members show as connected on the gateway, but no machines on the internal network are accessable. The subnet is set in the gateway configuration.

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: 2 NICs

@ManxKevster Is this the PC you want as your new Gateway PC? This support article explains how to configure a Hamachi Gateway on Windows to Recognize Multiple Subnets

ManxKevster
New Contributor

Hi,

The internal subnet is already set on the gateway.

GlennD
GoTo Manager

@ManxKevster In this case your gateway performs as a router also, but requires a simple extra configuration.

Configuration:
  • Remove the gateway client from the network. This deletes the network bridge.
  • Write the name of your ethernet interface (as displayed in Network Connections) into the C:\WINDOWS\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\LogMeIn Hamachi\h2-engine-override.cfg file with the Vpn.BridgeTo config key.

• For example:

Vpn.BridgeTo Ethernet

Note: Windows 7 calls it "Local Area Connection"
  • Restart the Hamachi2Svc service.
  • Add the client back to the network as a gateway. Now it should create the Network bridge with the specified network interface (Ethernet).

Explanation:
When multiple physical network interfaces are in a system Hamachi must choose one of them, to create the Network Bridge with. In most cases these client computers are within a local network (LAN) and not on the perimeter (as a router, in your case). Therefore we decided to select the network interface which the service is connecting to the gateway through. But we wanted to support the latter case, too. That's why the default behavior hast to be overwritten.

ManxKevster
New Contributor

Hi,

Still not working....

The bridge shows up between the Hamachi adapter and the internal local connection.

Connected remote clients show up in the Hamachi gateway windows with IPs from the internal network.

Nothing on the internal network is viable though, even from the gateway (it is with Hamachi uninstalled)

GlennD
GoTo Manager

@ManxKevster I've opened a support ticket for this, someone from support will be in contact.