cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cehahe5692
New Contributor

Is Hamachi still good for LAN multi-player?

I'm getting a friend of mine the game during thus summer sale. However, I already experienced a bit of multi-player from other friends of mine and the ping is unbearable reaching 200-400 ms and disconnecting. We used Hamachi in Unturned before and the ping was great. Is Hamachi a good way to LAN?

2 REPLIES 2
kingdomfantasy6

Re: Is Hamachi still good for LAN multi-player?

I know I'm responding a month late, but I'm going to have to go with no.

Was playing multiplayer with friends, and suddenly Hamachi stopped working for me, even after I did every techie thing reccomended, from mucking with firewall settings to adjusting network settings.

Now, part of this could be I never verified my hamachi account just now, but there's nothing stating that's a potential issue. On top of that, all of Hamachi's help articles are terribly written, with nothing that would help your average user who never touches command prompt.

If you can, I would HIGHLY suggest, creating your own gaming server. Either with a cheap desktop pc, or with a raspberry pi set up. That would be the best option.

Some games allow multiplayer via Steam's servers which is another viable alternative. Or even going through other game server services.

Kristina6790

Re: Is Hamachi still good for LAN multi-player?

Hamachi can still be a reliable option for LAN multiplayer, providing low ping and stable connections. Ensure proper configuration and network optimization for the best experience.