cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Losing keyboard input after remote session ends.

Every now and then, on a few computers both Windows 7 and 8, we loose keyboard input on our own computer either during or after a remoting into a another computer. Seems like a problem with a keyboard redirect process. We do not loose mouse control.

I've found killing the LMIBroker.exe process in Task Manager gets us back keyboard control.

6 REPLIES 6
New Contributor

Re: Losing keyboard input after remote session ends.

This seems to still be a very reguar occurance, even using Windows 10.  Has anyone found a more permanent fix for this?

w

New Contributor

Having the same issue.  Very annoying!  Comes back after 10 minutes.  Did you find a solution?  Started with windows 10 upgrade.  I use Internet Explorer.

New Contributor

I suspect the issue *may* relate to intermittent (and not proven) Internet connectivity issues.  Everything seemed ok with the Internet at the time so it's only a suspicion that LMI doesn't handle some situations gracefully.

I've not had the issue in a while now.

New Contributor

I'm still seeing this now. I am glad to find the wekaround of killing LMIManager.exe though. Thank you.
LogMeIn Contributor

Sorry @TrumpyAl ,

Does this behavior show itself on all host PCs, or is it isolated to just one location?

New Contributor

Hi AshC,

I'm honestly not sure, but I'll keep track of it from this point onwards.

It's definitely possible that it's just the one host, I most recently observed it on our largest client's main server.

Thanks, Al.