cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ed4000ca
New Contributor

Re: Cannot uninstall Hamachi

Thanks a bunch Goattee, much appreciated! Removing the registry key fixed it right away, started losing hair over Hamachi no longer working out of the blue.

edga12302
New Contributor

plzzz help cant unstalll logmeinhamachi plzzz??

Spoiler

pz
Retired LogMeIn Contributor
Retired LogMeIn Contributor

This might help if you have problems with uninstall: http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Program_Install_and_Uninstall

AMStone
New Contributor

can someone explain this to me in english please Cat Happy

tcom_raza
New Contributor

GOATEEEEE YOU ROCK DUDE but the key was not the same try searching and keep looking and youll find it YOU ROcCK

siZeDcuBe
New Contributor

So...

Where do I put that key into?

JGNetSecurity
New Contributor

OK, I was reading this forum and saw that the last guy asked what to do with that registry key.  I have a feeling that some people are not used to editing the registry, so here is a little more explanation.  Go to Start (SearchBox) and Type regedit

press enter:  then you can go to edit and find and you can search for hamachi there.  However don't just delete anything yet, because it probably is in a few places since it has as pesky virtual network adapter that I am determined to remove after uninstalling the program.  The safest thing to do is to backup each registry key that comes up when you search for hamachi FIRST.  This can be done by putting your mouse cursor IN THE LEFT BIG WINDOW OF THE Registry Editor where the very faint highlight is after searching with Find:  My example brought up HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Enum\Root\NET\0001

Now this key SHOULD NOT BE DELETED most likely, (hoiwever I have deleted some of these numbered network adapter interface keys in the past without any problems) but you should right click on the 001 underneath NET in the big left window.  then select EXPORT: "I suggest you make a folder somewhere like My Documents or an external backup drive and name it RegistryBackups to save your exported keys to.  then you can also go to Favorites in the MENU ON THE TOP of registry editor and also add this key to your favorites( so you can find it again if you have to!).  Ok, before you do anything else, go back to EDIT (on top again) and choose FIND NEXT: This will find any other instances of Hamachi in the registry (be aware that it may find the each instance of the word Hamchi so you may have to keep hitting next and pay attention to they key listed at the very bottom of RegistryEditor),  and repeat the steps, EXPORTING and adding to Favorites, Keep doing this until you backed up all the Hamachi registry keys that are found and it tells you that there are no more instances of Hamachi.  Now in the case of the Hamachi Network Interface - It most likely should be under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E972-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}-Now I'm pretty sure this is the place that makes it show up in Device Manager but I am not going to tell you to go in and delete anything here because each network interface is numbered and deleting the keys will mess up the numbering, but I have done it several times and Have not Yet Noticed any problems, but many people tell you to add a dash before the name of the Key that you want to delete, or as someone said above just add an X to it.  Thats fine.  I just wanted to post this to clarify to someone not used to editing the registry as to how it is done, I cannot take responsibility for anyone that deletes anything they shouldn't.  In your case, You may mess up your system, I can only tell you what worked for me when I had over 41 Virtual Network Adapters from VirtualBox and just got sick of them all so I went in and deleted all the keys here and they dissapeared.

I now use VMWare and have had no network adapter issues a few months later so I guess it's possible to just delete the keys in this location, but I suggest you do more research, and as the people pointed out above, they were trying to uninstall the program, not delete the network adapter, so they key mentioned above was the Install Key Location, but the same method can be used to delete that one as well.  Before I go, If you exported the file correctly (it should have ended in a .reg)  if you need to recover the exported key, all you have to do is right click on it in the Registry Backup Folder location, and choose MERGE.  It will give you a strong warning about adding something to the registry and you must be administrator, but if you click yes, it will be added back to the registry.  I hope I didn't forget anything.Cat Wink  ALSO, you can check out this Rackspace detailed Guide here

shuriken001
New Contributor

hello, will that after all this time, you gave your answer to the problem of installing and uninstalling hamachi, you can help me with a problem.
Which is that when searching in regedit and make the search for the folder "2F1C8FD962ED3D9409B931C2C3A5EC6B" on my computer can not find it, my computer is a Windows XP (SP2) I'd appreciate your help.

Player
New Contributor

zohaib
New Contributor

i cannot uninstall hamachi it keeps giving me an error saying that i cannot uninstall it without hamachi-update, any help ?