Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BRETHOS
New Contributor

Re: Hamachi2 Gateways - Lessons Learned

FFFF

AFSWHQ
Active Contributor

Re: Hamachi2 Gateways - Lessons Learned-problem with recent updates to 284 version

It worked before the upgrade. We had a segment whose last octet was above 100 and the other office was below 100. This prevented us from having duplicate addresses and the network functioned as expected. The update prevents us from operating as one segment which is useful for other reasons. The logmein prioduct should give me the choice rather than take away what was available in teh older version. Either way, through research on our part we solved the problem.

doruk42
New Contributor

sana bağlanabilirmyim

pgcpaul
Active Contributor

Great posting.

Tunneling Notes:

• Later versions of hamachi you only get to see the method of the connection (like "Direct") by resting your cursor on each particular machine on the main Hamachi screen.
  • Pings, you have to select the particular machine you want to Pings and then right-click.  
  • My round trip times are right at 60ms consistant with the 2010 notes and I am "Direct"

Throughput is another matter. I have a great Uverse 6.0 mbps upload and 45 mbps downloadload as determined by speedtest.net on my desktop machine. Downloading a file via Hamachi from my Amazon web server pegs at a max of 3 mbps . . . free network or paid network. At the same time, a download from a web page on the same machine runs about 40mbps. Logmein support maintains that they impose no limits.

While Hamachi is pretty robust, There are circumstances where all you can do is to delete the old network and start over. This can happen over several days or several weeks. Regrettably, you cannot trust Hamachi in a production environment.

I run on local and Amazon-based machines. LogMeIn support for Hamachis is tempid at best. They are quick to blame Amazon, but I have found the same problems occur just among meshed machines that are not on Amazon.

lof
New Contributor

/LOGIN LOZINKA LOZINKA LOZINKA

1. /REGISTER LOZINKA LOZINKA LOZINKA

By changing the setting below to TRUE you are indicating your agreement to our EULA (https://account.mojang.com/documents/minecraft_eula). #Tue Sep 09 15:35:29 CEST 2014 eula=falseNEMA UBIJANJA U SAFE ZONE NEMA BUGANJA ITEME IMATE /KIT DA VIDITE ITEME A ZA RANK PISITE /AR CHECK I PISE VAM KOLIKO IGRATE NA SERVER DA ZAKLJUCATE CESTOVE NAPRAVITE ZNAK I ( DESNI KLIK NA CEST ) VLASNIK:LOF HEAD ADMIN:DJOLLE ADMIN:BOILER RANK DRAGON :IMA FLY, IMA 4 SETHOME I BACK RANK VIP:IMA BACK,1 REPAIR, RANK LEGENDA:FLY,GM1,1REPAIR,BACK KIT POCETNIK : KOZNO ODELO,MAC,10Apple I CAMAC KIT TOOLS : KAMENI MAC,SEKIRA,KRAMP,LOPATA I MOTIKA KIT DNEVNI :10dmd,5dmd,15iron I 32 HRASTOVINENEMA UBIJANJA U SAFE ZONE NEMA BUGANJA ITEME IMATE /KIT DA VIDITE ITEME A ZA RANK PISITE /AR CHECK I PISE VAM KOLIKO IGRATE NA SERVER DA ZAKLJUCATE CESTOVE NAPRAVITE ZNAK I ( DESNI KLIK NA CEST ) VLASNIK:LOF HEAD ADMIN:DJOLLE ADMIN:BOILER:smileyhappy

longlong
New Contributor

Robot SadRobot Frustrated

Klinci
New Contributor

Hi all,

I think I've managed to setup a gateway network using Hamachi.

I have one WinXP, attached to USB modem work as gateway.

1 android client

1 Win7 client

The gateway is connected to a router in which also connected a DVR.

My objective is to be able to access the DVR remotely from the android client.

Now, sorry for the dumb question, how to actually access my DVR from the android client? Which addressing to be used?

FYI, my current network addresses:

Windows IP Configuration

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.11.3
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.11.1

Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection 2:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected

Ethernet adapter Hamachi:

IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 25.xx.xxx.xx
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.0.0.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :

Ethernet adapter Network Bridge:

IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.134
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1

Please enlight me..

Thanks

david

Klinci
New Contributor

Hi.. I think I found the way, as defined here 

https://secure.logmein.com/welcome/webhelp/CentralUserGuide/LogMeIn/t_hamachi_nw_gw_subnets.htm

In IP Parameter tab, I don't define  any specific addresses, I just used obtain IP Settings Automatically because there's a DHCP function running on my physical router. The address ranging from 192.168.11.1 to 192.168.11.64.

The DVR I'm trying to access is allocated in 192.168.11.2

and the gateway itself is allocated at 192.168.11.3

Next in Remote Networks tab, I add my gateway address: 192.168.11.3 and 255.255.255.255

With that setting, I restart(Off-On) the hamachi client on the gateway computer, initiate VPN connection from my Android, successfully connected, and try access 192.168.11.2 from my browser, Failed. The DVR page don't load.

I go to the gateway computer, directly access 192.168.11.2, the DVR page loaded.

NOTE: I've also tried to input 192.168.11.0 and 255.255.255.0 in the remote networks tab and it still failed to load the DVR screen.

Please help, where I do wrong?

Thanks

ZtuanZ
New Contributor

Lori_Pinjuh
New Contributor

More lessons learned.

1) If you can no longer connect to the internet and the local network after making a computer the gateway, it may be necessary to force the network adapter of the gateway into compatability mode. You can Google for the instructions.

2) Computers that connect to the gateway network will show nothing except the gateway computer on the Hamachi screen.  That means that in order to access anything on the local network, you must know the local IP address of the device ahead of time. This also implies that anything you want to access should have been previously assigned a static IP address.

3) And last and most obvious, but it took me a while to figure it out, if a device like a notebook computer is used both inside and outside of the local network, the Hamachi client should be turned off while it's inside.  The client gets a local address for each device on which it is running. But the notebook already has a network adapter and an address on the local subnet.  Having two adapters on a computer that are not teamed and are both connected to the same subnet is not supported in Windows and can cause strange things to happen.  This is especially true if the local subnet includes a WINS or a DNS server.

Bill