cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Active Contributor

Ping Request Timed out

I know there are a lot of topics like this now and I can't seem to find a proper solution for my problem. I can play minecraft with our 2 laptops and a computer (Windows 8) but after resetting the 2 laptops, we can't play anymore. Note that the computer is still working fine and it didn't undergo any changes. I'm using my own laptop.

ALL of us can't ping each other but we can ping our own.

This post might help me. I just don't know how to because it has different settings with windows 8.

I think making Hamachi my home network might work too, I don't know how either. The computer has hamachi on public so I think it won't be a problem.

The other laptop can see my server but it can't connect. It says something like java.net connection timed out. The computer can't see my server though.

I really think the computer doesn't have any problems 'cause it didn't had any problems before.

20 REPLIES 20
Active Contributor

Re: Ping Request Timed out

Bump. Still got nothing.

Active Contributor

Okay.. I've already tried:

1. Setting my firewalls off. 

2. Change hamachi from public -> private

3. Resetting my laptop

4. Excepting hamachi in firewall

5. This

6. Chatting using hamachi - works

7. This also

8. Something to do with hosts file

9. His own solution didn't work for me.

10. I asked my friend from a different place (like 1km apart) to ping me, request timed out

11. I also asked my friend to ping my external IP address and you know what happened? Bingo! Request timed out.

Things I haven't tried:

1. I don't know how to do this using Windows 8.

I think my problem has something to do with our IP. Our minecraft worked before resetting my laptop though. I'm totally confused right now and I'm about to wreck stuffs.

HEEELLLPPP PLLEEEAASSSEEE

Active Contributor

Active Contributor

Thank you for this solution. I think this isn't the problem.

In my cmd, I saw this:

Network Destinatiton         Netmask             Gateway                   Interface                   Metric

0.0.0.0                           0.0.0.0               192.168.1.1             192.168.1.103            25

Also, in properties of Internet Protocol version 4, my default gateway is already blank.

Anyways, I would like to update my problem now.

My laptop: Can ping other laptop but not computer

Other laptop: Can't ping my laptop and computer

Computer: Can ping other laptop but not my laptop

It seems that the IP of the other laptop is working fine and I don't know how it did that. We just reformatted our laptops (wipe out files and reinstall windows) on different days.

I can can see the LAN server of the other laptop and I can connect to it with no problems. But the computer can't see the LAN server of the other laptop and it can't connect using Direct connect/Add server. It says something like "failed to login, invalid session. Try restarting your game". Restarting didn't work.

To play together, we joined a server of other people. It worked fine but I really want to play just the 3 of us in a LAN world.

Any other solutions?

Active Contributor

Active Contributor

Here is the picture for the route print.

I see direct tunnel on both of them.

Active Contributor

I would try changing the metric for your Hamachi adapter.  In your picture, the metric is set to 257.  Mine was set to 9000.  To do this:

Go to Network and Sharing Center

Change Adapter Settings

Right Click Hamachi Adapter and click Properties

Click Internet Protocol version 4 and click Properties

Click Advance

Set the metric to 9000

Pretty sure this should fix it as if you look at the routes you have for the 255.255.255.255 network, as well as the 224.0.0.0 network, your Hamachi adapter has a lower Metric than your Physical connection.  This means that whenever your PC sends a multicast or a broadcast, it will try to use the Hamachi adapter instead of your physical connection.

Active Contributor

I checked the computer's ping this morning and I'm surprised that for some reason, I can see the ping of it. I applied your solution and unfortunately my ping is still absent. My laptop is the only one left that can't be pinged now.

New Contributor

I can confirm that deleting the default gateway from my Hamachi adapter solved the very annoying issue for me. Thanks.