cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
travisp
New Contributor

Re: Some Color Quality Settings missing

so what does your data suggest is the cause for improved performance (real world use like all the people experience) when using gray scale?  What is the benefit to LMI to remove / support such a feature.  I would agree all the different options LMI had were probably too much, but the BW experience for IT support of systems with slow bandwidth was far more effecient and helpful.

Has no one from LMI not experienced the demonstrative difference?  Would it be that problematic to reintroduce it and support it?

Joel9
Active Contributor

Re: Bring Back All Color Quality Options

@Ericatdmi 

you are my god. You have no idea how helful this is. 

Regfering to guy on page 2 with the old version

Joel9
Active Contributor

@GlennD wrote:

Hi @Taube022 

"I have a hard time believing the data showed your customers didn't use the lower color options enough to keep them." This is not what I said. Our team compared the amount of data being transmitted using the different options and found that grayscale was not more efficient, that is why it was removed. 

@GlennD I am telling you as a user of many years that grayscale is patently faster. By far. 

I am a programmer myself, and I can imagine 100 ways how your team's data led them to a factually wrong conclusion. But this is ridiculous. 

Do you really think that all those posters here suffer from delusions? It is always possible. But those data can misled for all kinds of reasons. 

do not be MIcrosoft please. with the habit of nonchalantly trampling on client wishes and being unanimously hated by expert users with a veagnance. Not that I am suggeting the comparison seriously. I am not. It just bourhgt the Microsoft hate & habits to mind. Change everything you can, to harass and inconvenient users as much as possible. Maybe to break their independence. THeir souls or something... sorry for sidetracking haha

Joel9
Active Contributor

Further

1) it is remotely possible that setting up the netwrok settings for very slow, will give the same effect. 

But even if this is true (didnt check), it is yet another example of an evil-Microsoftish type hell setting. 
You got thousands of long time users. always using grayscale on slow connections. 

Most will not notice this option. and will just suffer. 

"lets impose a setting on you which you will never use, but my arse will be covered"

Even if true, what is the stupid value of changing the solution to what some clueless programmer thinks is more elegant???

so I have been suffering for two years now. why? for what end?

2) I am in great doubt it works. I think the "Data calculation" was wrong. 
it is manifestly slower with the new program. what the hell

sikiwawa
Active Contributor

Hi All,

I am a new user of logmeinPro and I am absolutely disappointed with the lag i am experiencing when trying to work remotely from my home (over 2Mbits/sec connection)

I found this thread while looking for solutions to resolve the lagginess. I really can't understand how the product team can remove a much needed feature! a total disconnection from the customer base! I am even more upset by the replies to the concern of LMI customers requesting the return of this feature, a total disrespect! What kind of support is this?! better to remove links for support, suggest a feature... as they are complete jokes and replace them with link "our way or the highway"

Well, it is going to be the highway and I definitly will not renew my subscription if I don't see a value in LMI which as IT support guy this means all the options I need to make my remote work lag free!

My 2 cents

sikiwawa
Active Contributor

Hi,

Anyone who has an older Mac client which has the 6 color options?

Regards

sikiwawa
Active Contributor

Need a Mac LMI client version < (earlier than) 4.1.0.6901 - black&white/grayscale color options

Hi All,

Does anyone has an older Mac client with version earlier than 4.1.0.6901 which has the 6 colors options such as black & white and grayscale color options

Appreciate a lot your help!

Regards, 

SCS27
New Contributor

Just wanted to +1 on the votes for bringing back B&W mode. We have users sharing a single cell connection in remote locations, and my go-to fix to make remote support workable was scaling back to B&W visuals. The current color setting options have worse performance on low-bandwith connections, without question. Please bring the option back. 

mporternl
New Contributor

In all my dealings with LogMeIn I've never had an "Account Manager" but now they're trying to sell me something, I get an email from an "Account Manager" maybe we can all drop him an email regarding this issue seeing tech support won't listen.

Ted Gledhill   |   Principal Outbound Account Manager- LogMeIn Central

320 Summer St., Boston MA. 02210

O: 1-781-850-1373   |   M: 1-617-633-4339 

www.logmein.com/central

techonecs

Thank you sir!  That is 10x better...I use the speed just above black and white and the response time is far far better than it was with the lowest available on the later versions of the client.

Thanks again!