cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tardis61
New Contributor

Installed Monterey 12.0.1, LMIGUIAgent can't be opened

The prompt to update the Accessibility permissions comes up as soon as I enable LogMeIn. I have tried toggling the LMIGUIAgent in Security & Privacy under the Privacy / Screen Recording tab, but every time I toggle it I get the following message:

The application "LMIGUIAgent" can't be opened.

What is going on? Is the service missing? Is it a permission's issue? Can anyone offer any advice? LMI is not usable, and when it is turned on there is a window displayed that says LMI needs accessibility, and that window cannot be minimized, so the only solution is to turn off LMI.

I have even uninstalled LMI, rebooted, and reinstalled with the same result.

I am not a MAC person, but I have enabled logging and below are the last few rows from the LMI log:

Nov 24 17:15:10 logmeinserverctl[5573] <Info>: disable
Nov 24 17:15:10 logmeinserverctl[5573] <Info>:
Nov 24 17:15:11 logmeinserverctl[5573] <Info>: /Library/LaunchAgents/com.logmein.logmeinguiagent.plist: Could not find specified service
Nov 24 17:15:11 logmeinserverctl[5573] <Info>: Boot-out failed: 113: Unknown error: 113
Nov 24 17:15:11 logmeinserverctl[5573] <Info>: Could not find service.
Nov 24 17:15:11 logmeinserverctl[5573] <Info>: /Library/LaunchAgents/com.logmein.managepermissions.plist: Could not find specified service
Nov 24 17:15:11 logmeinserverctl[5573] <Info>: Boot-out failed: 113: Unknown error: 113
Nov 24 17:15:11 logmeinserverctl[5573] <Info>: Could not find service.

9 REPLIES 9
tardis61
New Contributor

Re: Installed Monterey 12.0.1, LMIGUIAgent can't be opened

Just to follow up, I contacted support and it took the agent about 15 minutes to fix my issue, but unfortunately I am not sure exactly what he did. Thank you LMI support for getting me back up and running!

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@tardis61  I'm glad we were able to assist in this case.  Do you have the case number so we can take a look at the solution details? 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Julie68

Logmein how do I contact a support agent to help uninstall logmein on a MacBook Pro. 

TechTed

If you want to properly uninstall LogMeIn Control Panel you have to open it.  You may not be able to open it if it's already been put in the Trash.  Put it Back to the Applications folder if needed.  

Once you have the LogMeIn Control Panel window open go to the About section and click Uninstall.  Probably have to enter your password.  That's the proper way to uninstall it.  This removes the app from the computer and also the seat / license that's being used by the LogMeIn account.

DirkH
New Contributor

I have the same issue. Is tgere any workaround available? Thank you
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@DirkH  This thread may have different topics involved.  Are you experiencing the error mentioned in the title?

If you need to uninstall / reinstall, we have Mac removal instructions here:  https://support.logmeininc.com/central/help/how-do-i-uninstall-logmein-for-mac-manually 

DirkH
New Contributor

@AshC I've installed the Montery Update on my Mac recently and have the same problems. 

Also uninstalled and installed LMI new. 

The LMI window for changing the security settings is always in front and can't be removed.

The access to the computer is possible, but the screen is not updated. 

File transfer is possible.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

I apologize for the added difficulty @DirkH

Are you able to check the solution steps in this thread, on your own Mac? https://community.logmein.com/t5/LogMeIn-Pro-Discussions/LMI-showing-Pop-up-after-update-looking-for...

DirkH
New Contributor

@AshC Thank you for the support.

Actually it was the setting of

-- Screen Recording - **THERE** - LMIGUIAgent, LogMeIn - checked

only one of the options was checked.

After a restart everything is fine.

Thank you very much !