cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bsmith2

Logging into client mac can't see icons or anything other then menu bar HELP!

Hi,  I looked up the "fixes" to this problem but they do not seem to resolve the issue.  I've looked at the client side mac and permissions are granted.  

I can log in but can't see icons on desk top...just see their wallpaper on the desktop and taht it..besides the menu bar but can not see the dropdowns.  This is mac to mac. 

8 REPLIES 8
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Logging into client mac can't see icons or anything other then menu bar HELP!

@bsmith2  Please try this method when you are physically in front of the Mac host:  In System Preferences:  Privacy & Security section, Privacy tab, ensure that LMGUIAgent is checked under "Screen Recording" 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
MaxOffice20

Re: Logging into client mac can't see icons or anything other then menu bar HELP!

I have the same problem which only shows up after other non-admin users have logged in the computer and subsequently logged out. Only a reboot fixes it. The permissions are set right for all users. 
Any ideas on how to fix it ?

1ConcernedUser
Active Contributor

I have the same issue. No one from Logmein Support can help. The fix they have is only temporary and reverts back after a couple hours. Team Viewer does not have this issue and works great.

lesyk009
Active Contributor

Same issue here, see image below for what we mean. 
Screenshot 2022-08-01 170009.png

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @lesyk009,

• Which version of Mac OS is this Mac running?
  • Is this your first time connecting to this Mac? 
  • Do you have someone in front of the Mac who can check the Privacy and Security settings?  
Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training
lesyk009
Active Contributor

This Mac is running Monterrey 12.5 
Not the first time connecting to this mac and this happens after a period of time on all of our macs - all running Monterrey - not just on first use. 
I can go and look at the privacy and security settings this computer is in my office. The user rebooted the computer last night and that seems to have go it working again. I also on occasion of have tried the known fix for when logmein get stuck in a session on a mac. I SSH in and end and restart the logmein plist. That's worked with varying success. 

Bruno1
Active Contributor

I have had this problem and have had them run through the fix, only to have the problem return the next time I attempt to log in.  (Hadn’t made the connection between non administrators logging in and then logging out as a connection to the problem. I will have to pay more attention to that)

This issue has been going on for a few months now, and I have to believe that LogMeIn knows this is a significant bug, yet it is not reported as a known issue (as far as I can tell).

Frustrating given the cost of the license and how it simply doesn’t work when you want to use it!!!

I wish there was another viable alternative to this program.

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Please try the following steps to see if the required permissions are remembered correctly:

1. Please open the terminal app on your host computer and paste the below command:
tccutil reset All com.logmein.logmeinserver ; tccutil reset All com.logmein.logmeinguiagent

2. After this completes quit LogMeIn completely and re-open--it., then reboot your computer. This will prompt for all the required permissions again.

3. Make sure that Screen Recording permission is granted so that you can see the entire desktop and not just the wallpaper

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training