cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
To help support our community and customers during the outbreak of Coronavirus (COVID-19), LogMeIn is providing free Emergency Remote Work Kits for Health Care Providers, Educational Institutions, Municipalities, Non-Profit organizations, and current LogMeIn customers. For more information please visit https://www.gotomeeting.com/work-remote
Highlighted
New Contributor

Keyboard/Mouse Lock

Hello All.

Is there a function in LogMeIn to lock the keyboard and mouse from the user?

Thanks.

Roger

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Active Contributor

Re: Keyboard/Mouse Lock

There was a thread about this very thing from 2008 and we still don't have the ability to lock the host mouse & keyboard!

Is this in the works? Can we please get this??

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

I apologize, for various security reasons we do not currently allow for the locking of a host's keyboard and mouse control. 

Highlighted
New Contributor

Ok.  I think they had that feature in Dameware when I used it.  

thx

Roger

Highlighted
Active Contributor

Thank you for the response.  I suppose I'm just confused why it is possible with regular LogMeIn to lock the host keyboard & mouse but not LogMeIn Rescue.  Another such scenario is why it is possible to remotely control a Mac using regular LogMeIn but again, not LogMeIn Rescue.

Could you explain?

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

The main difference with services such as Rescue and GoToAssist is that we've seen a lot of fraudulent use where someone in another country uses the software to improperly gain access to someone's computer based on fabricated corporate representation.  In these cases we can only mitigate so much, and felt that automatic locking of the local controls would become a larger security threat.

Highlighted
Active Contributor

Thank you.