cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
garybarr
Active Contributor

Rescue Console won't run under Windows 10 Insider Preview 10.0.17713.1002 (rs5_release)

Since Windows 10 Insider Preview 10.0.17713.1002 (rs5_release) was installed, Rescue Console will try to start, then immediately close and give me the crash screen.  I send the report to Logmein.  

I rolled it back to the previous version and it works fine... But you know Win10, it will NOT let you stay with the previous version for more than 7 days...  So I updated every driver, made sure the software was updated...Figured it was the best I could do before letting it update to the latest Win10 Insider Preview again, but after I did... It stopped working.  We also have GotoAssist and that works just fine, it's just LogMeIn Rescue Console.

So, I installed it on another PC and it works fine on there also, UNTIL Windows 10 Insider Preview 10.0.17713.1002 (rs5_release) gets installed.  So while, yes, I can roll it back and get it to work, it'll only be a short time until this release is pushed out to everyone and will be a major issue.

Has anyone else ran into this, or have ideas?  I've submitted it to LMI and Microsoft, but no response from either.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sv5
GoTo Contributor
GoTo Contributor

Re: Rescue Console won't run under Windows 10 Insider Preview 10.0.17713.1002 (rs5_release)

Hello all!

The newest TC and Applets have been uploaded to our Beta site. Please feel free to test it.

Best,
Sandor

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
sv5
GoTo Contributor
GoTo Contributor

Re: Rescue Console won't run under Windows 10 Insider Preview 10.0.17713.1002 (rs5_release)

Hello garybarr!

What is your Technician Console's version number? Could you try it with our Beta TC?

Could you try it with the latest Win10 insider version too?

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2018/08/17/build17741/

Regards,
Sandor

garybarr
Active Contributor

I installed the beta version I downloaded on 8/23/18 and installed it.. Allowed it to reinstall the update to Windows 10 Insider Preview 10.0.17713.1002 (rs5_release) and after the update, LogmeinRescue will no longer run.  Starts to open a window and immediately disappears.  I did send in the report:

LogMeIn Guardian has detected a problem with the LogMeIn software installed on this machine. The error report has been successfully sent to LogMeIn. Reference ID: '36b70f7dc1ffd8bc20d9549bb73497b7'.

For now, I'll roll back the beta version once again...  Unless you have a new idea?

garybarr
Active Contributor

@sv5 Still can't get it to work and need to start using Rescue again... so rolling back to previous Windows.   Is there any fixes coming?   I've had a lot of work in Beta testing, I'm glad to help solve this problem... Since I've found this exact same problem on 3 different PCs (and 3 different brands of PCs), I'm sure it is not going to be an isolated problem... and Microsoft is saying this update will begin pushing out late September most likely... so time is ticking for this to be a huge issue for LogMeIn Rescue.

sv5
GoTo Contributor
GoTo Contributor

Hello garybarr!

I'm sorry for the delayed answer just I was in PTO. Finally I could reproduce it too based on the information that you have provided. We are very happy to see your hard work in Beta testing and we are working on the fix.

Best regards,
Sandor

garybarr
Active Contributor

Just FYI, they came up with a new beta, so now all rolling it back does, it rolls it back to the previous beta, which also didn't work.  So now, I have no way to use LogMeIn Rescue anymore until a fix is made my LMI.  

Any updates?

sv5
GoTo Contributor
GoTo Contributor

Hello again!

Currently you are using an unsupported OS version. Our dev has found the root cause of the issue, but it is a longer process to fix and test it before we can upload it to Beta.

Best,
Sandor

garybarr
Active Contributor

If by unsupported OS version, you mean I'm using the latest version of Windows Beta, which will be forced out to everyone with Windows 10 in a couple weeks, taking down a large percentage of your customers if not fixed before then and you are thankful for my help, then awesome.  You are welcome.  If not, I'll just uninstall LMI and move on, because while LMI is our mainly used product at the moment, we use 5 other products and none of those are having a problem with the latest beta version of Windows.

sv5
GoTo Contributor
GoTo Contributor

I'm sorry, but you misunderstood me.
The beta version is not supported. Thankfully for your help the fix is under developing. It will be available in the close future, before the MS launches that given Beta update to their Live version. But we are not planning to share you and all of our customers  an untested alpha build, just to support a Beta Indsider Preview version of the Windows 10.

We are going to upload a stable, tested version to Beta soon, but at this moment I cannot tell any exact date yet.

garybarr
Active Contributor

Would I be able to help with the Alpha testing?  Seems to make since, since I am on the beta team for Windows 10 and nVidia video drivers....  I'd be glad to help on early testing.  I know what I am asking isn't for everyone, but I have been writing and alpha/beta testing software since 1983 and love catching bugs and getting them fixed... especially products we use.... But if you have enough in place already, I understand.