cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ljudbyran
New Contributor

Cant work with client when monitor/projector is turned off.

Hello,

I have some installations where computers are connected to projectors and displays for

digital signage. Everything works fine as long as the projectors are turned on, but when they are turned

of something feels strange about resolution.

Menues and other graphics disappears at the client computers when I´m working remotely.

Often I need to login an do some service or change content during times when the projectors need to be off.

If I turn them on everything looks great again. 

What could this be?

Computers:

Windows 10 iot

Nvidia graphics

Thanks.

/Ulf

3 REPLIES 3
KateG
GoTo Moderator

Re: Cant work with client when monitor/projector is turned off.

Hi @Ljudbyran welcome to the GoTo Community. 

• Can you provide the make/model of the device?
  • Can you look at the display settings when the projector is off and then when the projector is back on? Are they changed? 

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training
Ljudbyran
New Contributor

Hi Kate, and many thanks for quick reply.

It´s pretty hard to explain the scenarios, but I will try.. hope you understand 😉

• Can you provide the make/model of the device?

I have two computermodels that struggles:

CPU: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 3865U @ 1.80GHz
Memory: 8545067008
GraphicsAdapter: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050
AdapterRam: 4293918720
OSVersion: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
CLRVersion: 4.0.30319.42000

• Can you look at the display settings when the projector is off and then when the projector is back on? Are they changed? 

It seems like the settings is the same. Same resolution. 

I found out now that when I press "Blank Screen" something happens and I can click on menues and buttons that was not possible with "Blank screen" unchecked. BUT,  my primary software that im running freeze or crash.

If I look in "Device manager" I see the logmein virtual display adapter starts, when choosing "Blank screen" and disappears when unchecking "Blank screen"

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-10100 CPU @ 3.60GHz
Memory: 8481783808
GraphicsAdapter: NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030
AdapterRam: 2147483648
OSVersion: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
CLRVersion: 4.0.30319.42000

This one also has same resolution, but nothing happens when checking the "Blank screen" The  logmein virtual display adapter don´t seem to start in device manager so the only way to se menues and klick buttons correct is to start the projector again.

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @Ljudbyran, thank you for the additional details.

The logmein virtual display adapter is how we blank the computer's screen, it was introduced after Microsoft removed the Windows component our previous method utilized. 

This definitely appears to be a video driver issue and based on the information you have provided I have a couple of theories about what is happening:

• When the projector is turned off the device stops using the Nvidia driver and uses a less powerful built-in option
  • When the projector is turned off the device does not register that correctly and is opening menus/windows on the projector still (which is why you cannot see them). 

Is it possible to have the monitor and projector connections on one of these devices switched, and then another test held where the projector is turned off to see if that makes any difference?

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training