cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RICHF1
New Contributor

Changing Host Computer

We are a small organisation with 2 host computers.  One I use most days to connect to my office desk remotely and the other (known as "bluebox") is used for a day or so a month.

There are a couple of other computers in the office which I need to access to upgrade some software.

Am I able to temporary disable the "bluebox" and enable the other computers in turn to upgrade them, and having done that re enable the "bluebox"?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KateG
GoTo Moderator

Re: Changing Host Computer

Hi @RICHF1 welcome to the GoTo Community. You can change which computer is set up as host any time you want, so to keep inline with your 2 licensees you can delete bluebox and set up another and when finished, set it back up. 

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
KateG
GoTo Moderator

Hi @RICHF1 welcome to the GoTo Community. You can change which computer is set up as host any time you want, so to keep inline with your 2 licensees you can delete bluebox and set up another and when finished, set it back up. 

RICHF1
New Contributor

I have gone through this and removed a pc, added another, worked on that computer then deleted it. Sent a link to add another and it shows up in the client tab, however when I go to access it with user name and password it doesn't recognise it and pretty confident I have added the correct info. The user name has been changed some time ago to reflect change of staff and this has been used but wondered if this could have anything to do with it?

KateG
GoTo Moderator

@RICHF1 from what you are describing, it sounds like a username/password isn't recognized and you should double-check that. An older username shouldn't be causing issues if this is the first time setting up.