cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NormW
Active Contributor

Computer shows as online, but is unreachable

Hi,

After logging into my account at https://secure.logmein.com/central/Central.aspx, my remote computer shows as "Online for X hours and Y minutes".  Is this an indication that the host software is running?

I ask because when I click the computer's icon,  the browser tries to connect to a URL at LogMeIn (it looks like "computername-randomstring.lmi-app14-20.logmein.com"), but the connection never completes - at least within the 15-20 minutes I've left it running.   Based on the "online" hours and minutes, the computer rebooted sometime this morning.  I was able to connect successfully before the reboot happened.   I'm wondering if the LogMeIn host software restarted properly.

Also, I have no problems reaching a second remote computer that is on the same network as the problem computer.

Regards,
Norm

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
NormW
Active Contributor

Re: Computer shows as online, but is unreachable

@AshCIt turned out the computer had not rebooted after all.  The LogMeIn host software had halted.  The person who went to the site restarted the host software and I was able to open remote connections again.

Regards,
Norm

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@NormW  If the affected host was just rebooted recently then there may be a problem with the start up or the LMI software itself.  I would suggest one more reboot, followed by a remote connection attempt first.  Then if that fails, try a full re-install of the desktop software. 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
NormW
Active Contributor

@AshCThanks for the suggestions - I will give those a try and follow up here.  The computer is not just remote, but truly physically remote, so it may be a bit of time before I have results.

NormW
Active Contributor

@AshCIt turned out the computer had not rebooted after all.  The LogMeIn host software had halted.  The person who went to the site restarted the host software and I was able to open remote connections again.

Regards,
Norm