cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arm12345
New Contributor

Erratic behaviour when controlling Windows 11 machines

I can't be the only person to have this issue, but I will detail it as though I am...

I use LMI for Mac (v 4.1.7905) to control a number of different Windows PCs, and have done since around 2004 when controlling my personal PC from my work computer in the office. 

Currently, I use LMI to control Windows 10 and Windows 11 machines and the former still works properly and without issue. However, EVERY Windows 11 machine I control has problems displaying the "Start" menu, viewing popups for security control, etc, and just generally being quite awkward to use. 

Does anyone else have this issue, or not? 

Thanks

Ant

3 REPLIES 3
arm12345
New Contributor

Re: Erratic behaviour when controlling Windows 11 machines

I should add here that if you use the C-A-D option and then cancel the menu, it does then display ie the Start menu. 

Also, ie control panel and then click on Apps, the view is very garbledScreenshot 2023-10-11 at 15.03.19.png

KateG
GoTo Moderator

Hi @arm12345 welcome to the GoTo Community. 

Thanks for your post and screenshot. What quality settings are you using while connected to the Windows 11 computer? 

1. On the Remote Control toolbar, click Options > Color Quality. The Color Quality options are displayed.
  2. Select the appropriate setting. Tip: Choose Automatically adjust color settings to allow the host to detect the optimal setting. Your selection is applied immediately.
    • For better image quality, select Medium quality or High quality.
    • For best image quality, select HD quality.
      Tip: HD quality provides the least amount of latency and the smoothest transition with an automatically adjusting resolution.

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training
KateG
GoTo Moderator

@arm12345 our team would like to take a close look. Can you email debug logs from the host and plugin 

along with a video capture. I will PM you an email address. Thanks!   

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training