cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marceepoo
New Contributor

I have two Windows shortcuts to log me in client in the windows, start menu but I am the only user

I have two Windows shortcuts for Logmein Client ( in my Windows startup menu (ie, what you see when you click the Windows start button and then go down the menu) ).
The Windows shortcuts are located at the following path addresses:
     "C:\Program Files (x86)\LogMeIn Ignition\LMIIgnition.exe"
     "C:\Users\marc\AppData\Local\LogMeIn Client\LMIIgnition.exe"
My questions are:
1.  Do the shortcuts perform different functions or do they do the same thing?
2.  Should I delete one of the shortcuts, and if yes, which one should I delete?
I am running Windows 10 Pro
Thank you for any suggestions about where I could find the answer.

Marc

Thank you again for your kind assistance.

Kindest regards,
                                       Marc B Hankin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KateG
GoTo Moderator

Re: I have two Windows shortcuts to log me in client in the windows, start menu but I am the only us

Hi @marceepoo welcome to the GoTo Community.

The first shortcut is to the standalone (or bundled with LMI) client app and The 2nd one is the web-based. 

It looks like you installed the web based client app first and then later installed the standalone (or bundled) client app after. If you have both installed, when you connect from Central it should launch the standalone first if installed. So you would want to keep the standalone client app. 

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
KateG
GoTo Moderator

Re: I have two Windows shortcuts to log me in client in the windows, start menu but I am the only us

Hi @marceepoo welcome to the GoTo Community.

The first shortcut is to the standalone (or bundled with LMI) client app and The 2nd one is the web-based. 

It looks like you installed the web based client app first and then later installed the standalone (or bundled) client app after. If you have both installed, when you connect from Central it should launch the standalone first if installed. So you would want to keep the standalone client app. 

marceepoo
New Contributor

Thank you.  So (assuming I understood you correctly) , I'm gong to delete the shortcut that leads to  "C:\Users\marc\AppData\Local\LogMeIn Client\LMIIgnition.exe".
Please let me know if I misunderstood.

thank you again.

Marc

KateG
GoTo Moderator

@marceepoo correct, remove C:\Users\marc\AppData\Local\LogMeIn Client\LMIIgnition.exe 

Apologies for any confusion.