cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mlukay
Active Contributor

LMI Desktop Client Connection Error - The connection with the server was reset (12031)

LogMeIn Desktop Client is not allowing anyone in the org to get to credentials screen on windows domain joined laptop. I reviewed the logs of the application and received this error:

2023-08-14 11:58:36.288 - Debug     - LogMeInIgnition:22272 - Test Proxy -  - Starting HTTP connect. ComputerName: [webservice.logmein.com] port: [443]
2023-08-14 11:58:36.288 - Debug     - LogMeInIgnition:22272 - Test Proxy -  - Requesting /networktest.html
2023-08-14 11:58:36.291 - Debug     - LogMeInIgnition:22272 - Test Proxy -  - Sending HTTP request
2023-08-14 11:58:36.509 - Debug     - LogMeInIgnition:22272 - Test Proxy -  - Request headers:
GET /networktest.html HTTP/1.1
Content-Type: text/html
User-Agent: RAConsole
Host: webservice.logmein.com
Cache-Control: no-cache

2023-08-14 11:58:36.509 - Debug     - LogMeInIgnition:22272 - Test Proxy -  - Response headers:

2023-08-14 11:58:36.513 - Info      - LogMeInIgnition:22272 - Test Proxy -  - HTTP send request failed. Error message: [The connection with the server was reset   (12031)]
2023-08-14 11:58:36.513 - Info      - LogMeInIgnition:22272 - Test Proxy -  - LoadURL failed. Error message: The connection with the server was reset   (12031)

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

9 REPLIES 9
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: LMI Desktop Client Connection Error - The connection with the server was reset (12031)

Hi @Mlukay, welcome to the community.

When I have see error 12031 before, it was related to the TLS encryption settings of the computer. 

In Windows:

1. Open the Control Panel
2. Click Internet Options
3. Click the Advanced tab
4. Scroll down to the Security section
5. Check the boxes next to Use TLS 1.0, Use TLS 1.1, and Use TLS 1.2
6. Click Apply
7. Click OK

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training
Mlukay
Active Contributor

Re: LMI Desktop Client Connection Error - The connection with the server was reset (12031)

Those settings were already checked on my computer internet options settings:

Mlukay_0-1692040290868.png

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Thank you. As this error is a result of a connection issue there are a few more things we can check:

• Try connecting over a different network connection. Since this is a laptop can you connect it to a different WiFi network to see if you get the same result? If your phone supports it you could create a temporary hotspot to connect to to run the test. If you are able to connect successfully we will know the issue is network related and direct our troubleshooting there. 
  • Reset you TCP/IP settings and Flush/renew the DNS on the laptop.
  • Check your Firewall settings

Mlukay
Active Contributor

Tried connecting to a different WIFI still same error.

Flush DNS via CMD, still same result.

Network team has reviewed that allowlist KB article last week and made necessary changes.

I removed the computer from the organizations domain and I was able to get the LMI desktop client to work.

Question is what would be controlled within the domain settings of the organization would be causing the error?

GlennD
GoTo Manager

I am checking with our team regarding the domain settings.

Mlukay
Active Contributor

Hey @GlennD 

I received further information from the companies domain admin and they informed me that they are enforcing a GPO that TLS 1.2 is being used for company domain computers. Is there any information you can provide regarding the Logmein Desktop client and what TLS version is being used for the online services for the application? Thank you

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Thanks for the update, I believe TLS 1.2 should be fine, but I will check. One note back I received about the logs you shared was that they mention a Proxy, and was I sure that the Proxy was configured correctly to allow the connection? I know that your network team already reviewed our allowlist article  but perhaps they could take another look just to be sure?

Mlukay
Active Contributor

Is there anything your Dev team can provide from Cipher Suite(s) that need to be enabled for this situation?

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @Mlukay,

I just checked the status of your support ticket, can you confirm if the issue is resolved?