cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sclarke808
Active Contributor

LastPass Authenticator - No Longer Push Notification for 2FA

Does anyone else have the issue where lastpass authenticator no longer does the push notification for the 2FA? Before when I had the LastPass Authenticator setup as my primary LogMeIn 2FA method, it would send a push notification to my phone, and I could choose to accept or reject it - doing so directly let me login to LogMeIn. It would even prompt on my Apple Watch.

- Now LogMeIn (both on mobile app and web browser) is showing that I need to "run my authenticator app, and enter the code" manually. I've tried this on the Mac and Windows LogMeIn clients, as well as iOS and Android clients. Each one does the same thing - see below images:

Screen Shot 2024-05-24 at 00.47.06 AM.png

Screen Shot 2024-05-24 at 00.50.16 AM.png

I've reset my 2FA on LogMeIn and LastPass / LastPass Authenticator and still nothing has changed. Also deleted all the apps, cleared cache and deleted all setting etc and reinstalled from scratch - no change. To be clear the 2FA is working - in that if I manually enter the codes, they are good and I can log in. I've since switched back to text message 2FA as my primary, because at least the text push as a message and auto copy the code.

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: LastPass Authenticator - No Longer Push Notification for 2FA

Hi @sclarke808,

We are not aware of any issues or changes that would cause this to no longer work, have you contacted LastPass support about it? 

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training
sclarke808
Active Contributor

I did and am working it through with them - but nothing seems to be working. Even when I logged into the Mac LMI client just prior to this, it prompted for the me to run the authenticator and manually enter it. No Push.
- They had me delte the 2FA from the account, then delete the LMI from my LastPass and reset it up but nothing worked so far

I was hoping maybe someone in the community maybe had some tricks or possibly experienced it.

sclarke808
Active Contributor

LastPass has once again pushed me back to LogMeIn - their reasoning is that LastPass is provided authorized codes for the 2FA. It's just the LogMeIn apps are not doing push notifications for it, and are prompting me to "Open my app and enter the code" all manually.

GlennD
GoTo Manager

I'll keep digging into this.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training