cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DHolmes

LogMeIn password reset emails getting rejected due to SPF record

Tried to reset my LogMeIn Pro password earlier, and encountered quite a serious issue:

The mail came from the domain clsmail.logmein.com

clsmail.logmein.com has the SPF record of "v=spf1 ip4:168.245.77.74 -all"

This means that mails being sent from clsmail.logmein.com should be rejected unless they come from the IP address 168.245.77.74

The mail that reached our systems from clsmail.logmein.com came from the IP 159.183.100.75, which is a SendGrid IP address, and thus was rejected, as the SPF record dictates.

If password reset mails are to be sent from SendGrid, the SPF record for clsmail.logmein.com will need to be updated to include SendGrid IP addresses.

Anyone else that is unable to receive their password reset emails should submit a ticket here:

https://support.logmeininc.com/pro/contact?articleTitle=Why%20didn%27t%20I%20get%20my%20%22Reset%20P...

That will provide them with a ticket number and a phone number to call, where customer service will be able to send a password reset mail that will get through.

1 REPLY 1
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: LogMeIn password reset emails getting rejected due to SPF record

Hi @DHolmes, welcome to the community.

Thank you for mentioning this, our team is aware and an update has been released to address this. Unfortunately, we have seen some email providers delaying the delivery of Password Reset emails to our customers, so we are trying to work around these delays.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training