cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Robolovsky
Active Contributor

Problem saving client's credentials in Chrome

I am setting up a new Windows 11 PC and went to the LMI Central website and logged in using the Chrome browser. I have about 20 seats currently and needed to put in the access credentials for each one. I started with a client who has an access code and it went in fine and connected. However when I tested it a few minutes later it asked me for the code again. This continued so I tried a client with a username and password, again it connected fine but when I disconnected and tried to reconnect it only showed the username and not the password. Again I had to re-enter the password but again it was forgotten after I logged out. Wondering if it might be a browser thing I opened the Edge browser and tried the same process from there. This time the credentials were saved and auto-logon worked fine. This does suggest a problem of some kind with Chrome. Could it be a setting that needs changing I wonder. I should point out that I also use the LMI Client App and have had no problems there either. Any help here would be much appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
KateG
GoTo Moderator

Re: Problem saving client's credentials in Chrome

@Robolovsky welcome back to the Community. 

Can you confirm that you had 'Login Credentials can be saved' checked when you were using Chrome? 

Screenshot 2023-10-03 165325.png

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training
Robolovsky
Active Contributor

Hi Kate. Thank you for coming back so quickly. Can you tell me where I find the page that you are showing in your reply please?

Robolovsky
Active Contributor

The thing is that I didn't change anything between viewing in Chrome and viewing in Edge. Very odd.

Robolovsky
Active Contributor

I think I have found the page you sent me Kate. In the Users section. I only have a few users and all are set to allow saving of credentials. What I do have is about 20 seats which I manage and I cannot save the credentials in Chrome but have no problem saving in Edge. 

KateG
GoTo Moderator

@Robolovsky thanks for checking the settings. This appears to be an issue affecting some, I have reported this experience to the team. Thanks for sharing your workaround. 

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training