cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DJRizzo
Active Contributor

Can't control Mac client

When I am providing support for some of my Mac users, I am completely unable to control their computer. This only happens on machines that have already given LogMeInRescue permission to control the computer in a previous session. In the past I could just have the user go into the System Preferences privacy setting and uncheck the box for LogMeIn then re-check it. But now they can't uncheck it at all. This results in me not being able to remotely control their Macs and we end up having to use another product (Zoom or Skype screen sharing). They are all on the latest version of macOS 10.14.6 Mojave. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
lwielder
New Contributor

Re: Can't control Mac client

We've had this issue as well the problem was we think it had the 32bit application and then the move to 64bit changes something. What i had to do was re add it with the + sign in the security and preferences. The file should be in the download folder. After re adding it everything was business as usual 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@DJRizzo  The newest Mac OS version should be 4.1.0.11579.  Can you confirm this is the case with your Mac user? 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
DJRizzo
Active Contributor

Hi thanks for the response.

When we initiate a remote session, the end user downloads the client each time (we send a link or a PIN). So I would assume they are getting the latest version available. 

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@DJRizzo  Can you try this beta desktop install for Macs?  https://secure.logmeinrescue.com/Files/TechConsoleMAC/LogMeInRescueTechnicianConsoleMAC.dmg

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
lwielder
New Contributor

We've had this issue as well the problem was we think it had the 32bit application and then the move to 64bit changes something. What i had to do was re add it with the + sign in the security and preferences. The file should be in the download folder. After re adding it everything was business as usual 

DJRizzo
Active Contributor

Thank you this worked!