cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KBS2013
New Contributor

Text/Font Smoothing disabled upon connection to the customer's computer

I’ve begun using LogMeIn Rescue, but was disappointed to find that it disables Windows font smoothing on the customer's computer upon establishment of the session (using version 7.11.760 of the software on the customer side; 7.50.3568 on the technician console side). This deficiency makes it exceptionally difficult to read the customer’s screen. I’ve looked through all the settings that I have access to, but have been unsuccessful so far at finding any way to correct the problem. Has anyone been able to find a solution to this counterproductive behavior?

4 REPLIES 4
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: Text/Font Smoothing disabled upon connection to the customer's computer

Hi @KBS2013, welcome to the community.

You might try switching from our new "next gen" media streaming option back to the classic option. These FAQ's will help:  Rescue 7.50 FAQ

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training
KBS2013
New Contributor

Does it fix the problem?

Glenn, does that prevent the program from erroneously turning off Windows font smoothing on the computer being connected to?

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: Does it fix the problem?

Yes. Disabling the desktop wallpaper and visual effects improves the screen capturing performance, but it is optional.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training
KBS2013
New Contributor

I'm not seeing that option

Ah, so now we're getting somewhere. I do see that dreaded verbiage on my sessions, ("Windows...visual effects will automatically be disabled at the start of a session") but I have no such checkbox by which to correct this error.