cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: Error when connecting. (Error occurred error: 14094410:lib(20):func(148):reason(1040))

@Michal_orc Please email the log file to gotoservice at logmein dot com

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: Error when connecting. (Error occurred error: 14094410:lib(20):func(148):reason(1040))

@Michal_orc @Danny6  I checked with Support and after reviewing another customer's log files it was suggested that reinstalling the LMI SSL Certificate may be the solution. Can you please try the following on one of your affected PCs?

1. Launch command prompt (as administrator)
  2. Change directory to “C:\program files\logmein\x86” if it's a 32 bit OS or "C:\program files (x86)\logmein\x64" if its 64 bit.
  3. Issue the command :
    logmein.exe cert -createca "LogMeIn CA on %COMPUTERNAME%" -createsc "%COMPUTERNAME%"
  4. Turn off / on LogMeIn from the system tray icon.
    If all goes well, the following should appear in the registry:
    HKLM\Software\LogMeIn\v5\Net
    Key (Dword) CertificateIDEx. Each value will have a bunch of gibberish
    HKLM\Software\LogMeIn\v5\WebSvc
    Key (Dword) HostCertIDSent and HostCertSent. Each value will have a bunch of gibberish
  5. Try connecting again

Michal_orc
Active Contributor

If I need to do the entire procedure remotely, I do

Open the command prompt of my computer in LogMeIn Client
1. cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\LogMeIn\x64"
2. cmd
3. logmein.exe cert -createca "LogMeIn CA on %COMPUTERNAME%" -createsc "%COMPUTERNAME%"
4. net stop LogMeIn && net start LogMeIn

GlennD Your solution works
Thank you

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Thank you @Michal_orc for reporting back. We have a ticket opened with the Prod team and I will make a note that this was successful.

Dazzman
Active Contributor

Users unable to connect

We are seeing a lot of systems rejecting the connections after the users have entered their usernames and passwords, this has only recently started happening and seems to be spreading across our estate of systems, currently the only way that I have been able to resolve it is to remove the current updated product and install an earlier version of it.

The errors the end users sees are below, would anyone have an idea as to why it appears to be failing the connect and what error 1040 is in relation too.

Dazzman_0-1712063828463.png

Dazzman
Active Contributor

Re: Users unable to connect

Just realised that the post below has the same problem so I should have read that first, still glad to know that I'm not the only one with the issue.

KateG
GoTo Moderator

Re: Users unable to connect

Hi @Dazzman welcome to the GoTo Community.

Sorry to hear this. From your last post does it mean you reviewed Glenn's post and were able to resolve the issue? 

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training
DawsonField

Same issue here.

I am getting this exact error with most employee machines. I have tried resetting the SSL certificate but it did not help.

Dazzman
Active Contributor

Re: Same issue here.

I have tried the fix it and it worked on a system when I was logged in as a full admin user, trying to do it as a normal system user generated an error when the command script ran as that account did not have enough system access rights for it to process correctly.

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Error when connecting. (Error occurred error: 14094410:lib(20):func(148):reason(1040))

Here is the solution for computers showing this error due to an expired certificate:

As admin, open the command prompt of my computer in LogMeIn Client
1. cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\LogMeIn\x64"
2. cmd
3. logmein.exe cert -createca "LogMeIn CA on %COMPUTERNAME%" -createsc "%COMPUTERNAME%"
4. net stop LogMeIn && net start LogMeIn

(Thank you @Michal_orc )

Depending on where the computer is located, you may run into an error "Country too long". 

The problem is that Windows returns a 3-digit "sub-region-code" instead of the 2-character "alpha-2" country code. Check for example: https://github.com/lukes/ISO-3166-Countries-with-Regional-Codes/blob/master/all/all.csv 

To overcome on this problem you have to explicitly specify the 2-digit code of your country. So find the "alpha-2" code of your country in the table above and issue the following command in an administrator command prompt:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\LogMeIn\x64\LogMeIn.exe" cert -createca "Default CA" "<alpha-2 code of your coutry>" -createsc

For example if you are in Mexico, then issue the following command:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\LogMeIn\x64\LogMeIn.exe" cert -createca "Default CA" "MX" -createsc

On Mac the certificates are stored in files:

- /Library/Application Support/LogMeIn/CA.pem

- /Library/Application Support/LogMeIn/server_ex.pem

First these files have to be deleted: 

- sudo rm /Library/Application Support/LogMeIn/CA.pem

- sudo rm /Library/Application Support/LogMeIn/server_ex.pem

Then restart the daemon: 

- sudo launchctl stop com.logmein.logmeinserver