Forum Discussion

MarkV
Active Contributor
6 years ago

2-factor authentication disabling the e-mailing option

Anyone know if there is a way to turn off the e-mail option for 2 factor authentication?

Thanks,

Mark V.

• MarkV  They can set it to Authenticator App as primary and Text as the secondary option.  This functionality requires that the mobile phone assiciated be available at all times, which can be dangerous if they cannot access it directly.

AshC
    Retired GoTo Contributor

Hi Mark,

If you are referring to the identity email confirmation when you login from a new device, this cannot be disabled I'm afraid.

MarkV
      Active Contributor

I wasn't speaking specifically of logging in from a new device so in that case e-mail would be ok.  What I'm talking about is if 2 factor authentication is turned on after you login to Logmein Central it sends a verification code by either messaging, text or e-mail.  I've got customer I'd like to have start using Logmein Central but their IT guy is concerned about the e-mail option for getting the verification code.  Basically he wants to restrict to just using a phone for the 2nd verification part and turning off the e-mail option.  Hopefully that better describes what I'm trying to accomplish. 

Thank you,

Mark V

AshC
        Retired GoTo Contributor

MarkV  They can set it to Authenticator App as primary and Text as the secondary option.  This functionality requires that the mobile phone assiciated be available at all times, which can be dangerous if they cannot access it directly.