Forum Discussion

StuartP
Active Contributor
3 years ago

How to control user access rights on a large scale?

I have LogMeIn installed on a large group of domain joined computers. I want anyone who has access to logmein to be able to start a remote control session to these computers but not necessarily be admins. I would like to do this without having to go back and add BUILTIN\Users as having this access manually across a large number of computers through the individual computer dashboards.  Host configuration packages don't cover access control. Is there any way to control this via registry, group policy, command line?

• I've found how to do this. When you add permissions to a specific user or group registry keys are created at HKLM\SOFTWARE\LogMeIn\V5\Permissions as well as some sub folders. I exported those keys and deployed them to all the other computers with a One2Many task.

StuartP
    Active Contributor

I've found how to do this. When you add permissions to a specific user or group registry keys are created at HKLM\SOFTWARE\LogMeIn\V5\Permissions as well as some sub folders. I exported those keys and deployed them to all the other computers with a One2Many task.

tnmm

Finding this 2+ years later. I can't thank you enough. It's a shame GoTo haven't implemented this yet and we have to find workarounds like this.

StuartP
        Active Contributor
        And I love you random citizen. As a bonus, I distinctly recall calling GoTo Support at the time who told me there was no way to do this.