Forum Discussion

jceo
Active Contributor
6 years ago

LogMeIn Antivirus - What AV engine runs it?

Does anyone know what AV product LogMeIn Antivirus really is?  I don't think that LMI would build their own AV product from the ground up.  I am just wondering what product it is based off of before I start testing or rolling it out.  Anyone know?  Thanks!

AshC
    Retired GoTo Contributor

jceo  I'll PM you some of the framework details in a minute.

Thanks for your interest!

PaulfromRBCIT
      New Contributor

Would it be possible to have these details made public? Before I deploy this to clients I would like to tell the what product it is based on.

keevin
    New Contributor

Why does this say solved?    There isn't a reply posted?   I also need this information before we get to far down the road of replacing the KES that is already installed.    And what is the roadmap for KES?   Is the licensing for this going to be removed?   And what is the time frame for this part of it?

jceo
      Active Contributor

Hey guys, I replied back.  Not sure if my message is awaiting moderation or what...

jceo
        Active Contributor

Here is what I received:

"Since you asked, the LMI antivirus is based on BitDefender technology.  I don't know that we state this anywhere publicly, but that's where the core architecture stems from."

RDiaz
      New Contributor

Well if it IS ClamAV we would not be interested at all.  Last time I checked ClamAV with places like AV-Test it had less than a 20% detection rate for windows.  At that point why even bother since windows defender would be better.  I know there are ways of improving on this by using third-party signatures but the nature of this means you have to be vigilant in maintaining these.  Overall we'll just keep and re-sub Symantec AV.

AshC
        Retired GoTo Contributor

I can state publicly it's not CLAM.  Other than that, I'm still waiting to hear about updates to the program and final release dates....

scottwilkins
    Active Contributor

I believe I have proof it's bitdefender.  I had no "bitdefender.com" traffic before testing LMIAV, now I see some on network logs.  So this has to be the AV engine it's using.  Or at least the signature list is from there.

PCSJD

Appears to be BitDefender - under c:\program files\

logmein\endpoint\threatscanner, there are many dll files containing BitDefender details and certifications

AshC
        Retired GoTo Contributor

(Official Response)  Due to contractual limitations, we cannot publicly state on this forum who powers our antivirus solution.  To receive the answer to this question, please contact support here: https://support.logmeininc.com/central