Forum Discussion

Azores44
New Contributor
8 months ago

No Connection

Hello! Apologies in advance, I do not have a lot of tech experience here on a system that was set up by someone else, so I appreciate your patience. 

In a nutshell, over the years I have been  able to reliably remotely connect from my home laptop to my workplace computer via Hamachi LogMeIn. During this time, in the Hamachi panel, I could also see a few other workplace machines with active connections I also had the ability to remotely connect to if necessary.

A few days ago, I suddenly saw in my home laptop Hamachi panel, that I no longer had a connection to my workplace computer (please see screenshot via link below), although connections to the other 2 workplace computers seem to still be active.

Hamachi Panel Screenshot (home laptop):https://snipboard.io/WZtjp8.jpg 

What would be the things I should check on my workplace computer that might explain why there is no longer a Hamachi connection to this computer? I assume the issue is on the workplace computer as the other 2 connections still look to be active. Thank you!

• Hi Azores44!

According to the screenshot, the Hamachi client on your workplace computer is not online or is not online in the same network.

So, please, check if:

- the Hamachi Tunneling Engine (or Hamachi2Svc) is running,

- the client is online, connected to the server (the client/computer name is displayed in the second row, below the IP adresses), and
     - the client is online in the same network (a green dot is displayed in front of the name, written in bold black).

GaborO
    GoTo Contributor

Hi Azores44!

According to the screenshot, the Hamachi client on your workplace computer is not online or is not online in the same network.

So, please, check if:

- the Hamachi Tunneling Engine (or Hamachi2Svc) is running,

- the client is online, connected to the server (the client/computer name is displayed in the second row, below the IP adresses), and
     - the client is online in the same network (a green dot is displayed in front of the name, written in bold black).

Azores44
      New Contributor

OK, I think I got it figured out. Thank you so much for your help!