Forum Discussion

AAMIX72
Active Contributor
4 years ago

Open connection on a tab or multiple tab

Hi everyone,

Since few hours, their is no possibility to open connection on a computer with a "click whell".

With Firefox, it open : javascript:void(0);

On Chrome, it open : about:blank#blocked

It's a big issue because we use this possibility everytime, this allows us to open multiple connections to several computers while staying on the same page of Central, saving time is colossal. There, we must reopen a page of Central and therefore reload the Central page, it's a shame really !!!

• Is this something new?? It is AWFUL. As someone who logs in to 3 or 4 PC's at a time, I used to be able to middle (or ctrl) click the little remote control button and open it in a new tab so I would still have the list of PC's open. Now I HAVE to left click it, then click "Back" into a new tab to keep my list. Why! It's driving me crazy the last couple weeks. Anyone else running in to this?

macjedimatt

I've found the same issue. It looks like they changed the default behavior so a left click opens them in a new tab now. But, if the page has been idle for a few minutes, it will reload instead of opening the connection. Extremely annoying!

AAMIX72
        Active Contributor

One month later, still no communication (well, I did not find any) from Logmein. The interface is even slower than before, the ergonomics worse than before.
        It will be time to migrate to a solution that may not be more practical but which will inevitably be cheaper.

Robert_LA
    Active Contributor

I noticed it too! Calling support. I use this function all the time!

AAMIX72
      Active Contributor

It is clearly a big regression and it is totally counterproductive. I got annoyed on my Central page since yesterday, I can't take it anymore.
      We pay colossal prices, and that really makes you think about migrating

• This update seems pointless and counterproductive. Also, when logging out of the computer, it takes you back to the Home page instead of the Central page, where you have to click "Log In", which then opens up the Central page in a new tab.

Terrible change.
    0-0
    New Contributor

Is there a reason for this or will it sit dormant.

This is a key aspect of the product and without it makes supporting clients very difficult.

We await a response.

Robert_LA
      Active Contributor

The Computers view has a tab at the top that looks like an eye (next to the refresh button).

When you click the eye a drop-down appears. A new option is available "Open sessions in new tab". See image

I've been using LMI Central since 2013 and I habitually use the right-mouse button to open in new tab. Took a bit to get use to, but clicking the device will now open in a new tab.

livesubscribe
        Active Contributor

If I want to connect to one computer this is somewhat a solution but if I want to connect to multiple computers (which is something I did all the time until now) this is not a solution at all as it takes me away from the computers list to the the host that I clicked on!!

EDIT: This post is meant to be as a reply to Robert_LA's response. 

As a side note I'm pretty shocked that even though I posted this by clicking on "Reply" on his post which should give some indication that I'm referring to his post there is nothing of that sort!!! Isn't that the whole point of "Reply" on each persons post?

0-0
    New Contributor

This is not 'solved'.

I don't need to tick/untick that box every time I need in a new tab or not.

Can the original functionality be restored? - this new method is clunky and time consuming.

Also I have no idea where this is otherwise meant to be documented.

Robert_LA
      Active Contributor

Hope this helps.

I know this appears the opposite as it should, but when clicking on device to have it open in a new tab, the Open sessions in new tab needs to be greyed out. When it is greyed out, it is active. Also make sure you do it when you first login. After it is set, you don't need to select it again, It will be the default for all future sessions.

If for some reason, the browser you are using doesn't work, try using control + click.

I have logged out and back into LMI Central multiple times since yesterday. I use Chrome and clicking on a device always opens into a new tab.

AshC
      Retired GoTo Contributor

0-0  I'm afraid you cannot go back to the previous version, though the new flow should be much faster getting to the host login or dashboard with saved credentials. 

0-0
        New Contributor

I don't understand how it is considered faster? I would like an answer there. Also, where is this documented?

There is less granular control.

And it also doesn't always open the new tab in one go.

Also if popups are disabled then it won't work.

Please have this restored in a new version.

AAMIX72
    Active Contributor

It's not solved ! Who made this post as Solved ?! 

And your solution is not a solution, it's a poor workaround.

I'm using Logmein since 2007 and what ?...

EDIT : ok, i can remove the label "solved"