Forum Discussion

radiologyken
New Contributor
2 years ago

Unexpected Monitor Behavior?

I'm employed in the medical sector, where we regularly perform calibrations on our monitors. Typically, a sensor is placed at the screen's edge, and the calibration process can run automatically. However, I recently encountered a problem where the software responsible for this task failed to operate correctly. Upon contacting the manufacturer for assistance, they informed me that there were unsupported monitors detected. Interestingly, when I access the computer remotely, I notice that there are additional "detached" monitors listed for each physical monitor.

Is it standard behavior for LMI to generate duplicates of monitors and retain them as "detached"?

• Hi radiologyken, welcome to the community.

The unsupported monitors are part of our screen blanking solution, if you do not need need to blank the screen while you are connected disabling screen blanking will remove them.

• Hi radiologyken, welcome to the community.

The unsupported monitors are part of our screen blanking solution, if you do not need need to blank the screen while you are connected disabling screen blanking will remove them.

radiologyken
      New Contributor

Once I turned off BLANK SCREEN, I only saw the physical monitors.  Calibration software ran without a hitch.  Thank you and I will pass this info onto our vendor for other clients using LMI.