Forum Discussion

Bilgediver
Active Contributor
2 months ago

Local Webm recording Isn't recording the screen share, just audio

I tried to look this up and the "response" only mentions webcams.

I couldn't care less about webcams. We had someone else presenting and it wasn't recording the screen share.

Does it only record what YOU screen share? 

Robert_Hess
    GoTo Contributor

No, it definitely records the shared screen or application of everyone who shares in a session, because where is the point otherwise ...
    I actually just verified this with two of my systems.

The only special thing is about webcam recording, as you already found out.
    Webcams are only in the cloud recording.
    But screenshare and audio should be in both, local and cloud recording.
    So, what I could imagine is that the other person was not sharing their screen, but a pre-recorded video via Video sharing?

If the other party was definitely using screen or application sharing, I would suggest reaching out to our support with the problem and ask them to escalate to our engineering (you may quote me).
    This sounds like something we need to look into.
    They would need the session ID and time, and if you can share it, also the failed recording.
    And if its feasible, getting the log files form both systems  (organizer & presenter) would be perfect
    -> https://support.goto.com/connect/help/how-do-i-collect-logs

GlennD
    GoTo Manager

Hi Bilgediver,

Do you know if this was the first time this Presenter has joined a GoTo Meeting? I've just run through a couple of tests and when the Presenter joined the meeting in their web browser and shared their screen it was not captured in the meeting Organizer's local recording. When the Presenter installed the GoTo App and then shared their screen that was captured in the Organizer's local recording.

I will be sharing this with the team.

Bilgediver
      Active Contributor

We hold regular training sessions every week using Gotomeeting, and this specific presenter signs in roughly every week. We do have a recording of a previous session (in case they cannot sign in) where it WAS recording the session, but then about 3/4 of the way through it dropped the recording to Audio Only. I haven't asked him what his setup is, whether the Web App or the Goto App.