Forum Discussion

cbmorehouse
Active Contributor
4 years ago

Caps Lock problem on GtA v5

When I am on a remote session with a user in the new GtA v5 for some reason caps lock doesn't work. I have to use the shift key to capitalize any letters. Is this a known issue?

DougT
    New Contributor

I also have this issue at the login screen.  Just started and was random but now is more prevalent.  It occurs from v5GTA app and Console.  Restart remote device and console device does not fix issue.

I have to bring up the virtual keyboard to log in. 

Once I log in, I can type upper case characters in notepad just fine.  

KateG
      GoTo Moderator

Hi DougT I have not been able to recreate the issue reliably without keyboard mashing, a developer on another team mentioned he has seen happen was the use of Windows keyboard combos repeatedly in irregular intervals can trigger this.

When this happens tapping the Ctrl key on your keyboard a few times should switch off the Function mode. Can you try that and let us know if it helps? Thanks. 

AshC
    Retired GoTo Contributor

cbmorehouse  I am not aware of any issue with V5 that might block the Caps Lock from activating.  Have you tested with any other clients?

cbmorehouse
      Active Contributor

The only way for the caps lock to work is if I click in my work area and then turn the caps lock on then go back and click in the GTA session, but the problem with that is that the caps lock will remain on. It doesn't let me know turn it off and on. 

AshC
        Retired GoTo Contributor

cbmorehouse  What operating systems are you working with there between the client and host PCs?