Forum Discussion

chrisg750
Active Contributor
3 years ago

CTRL ALT DEL not working, and other v5 issues.

Hello,

Anyone else having issues? v5 (Version 5.7.1.74)  is very frustrating in comparison to v4. I told myself I'd eventually remove v4 entirely, but I still feel the need for it because v5 can be extremely frustrating when it doesn't work, practically inoperable for remote support. If it wasn't for having nice Mobile compatibility with Android devices, I'd probably be looking else where, but here we are. I've been using GoToAssist since 2015 and I would hate to get away from it so I help this post can shed some light! 

Top frustrations that I hope can be implemented/fixed:

1. Ongoing recent issue: Console gets stuck on "Connecting..." . When I connect with v4, it works right away. It's like if v5 cannot fully wake up a user's PC that's in sleep mode. This issue has been going on only recently for a week or so. No definite date. Happens for all PC's until I connect using v4.

2. CTRL ALT DEL on v5 has been ongoing issue for me for the last week or so (March 2022 for reference). Just does not work at all. 

3. Moving from one monitor when multiple monitors are present during a session (much better with simple arrows on v4). Much smoother on v4. 

4. Having ALL  options available at the top toolbar by default during a session would be nice. It's another nuisance to have to expand that toolbar every time when I have to copy/paste clipboard.

5. Is there a button somewhere to enable copy to clipboard being ON by default? In my own experience, that's a very common feature that should be on by default because of how frequently its used. 

6. Inability to horizontally expand columns of list of hostnames/version/online status, etc. on the v5 desktop Console (Very simple on v4)

7. Chat window opening in a browser where I have to re-size every single time is a nuisance. Much preferable to have a separate window pop up like it does in v4.  

GlennD
    GoTo Manager

Hi chrisg750

Can you provide more details about your issues using Ctrl+Alt+Delete? What operating systems are you connecting to, what happens or doesn't happen when you click the Ctrl+Alt+Delete button in the toolbar? 

DOCSOL

I cannot even find a CTRL-ALT-DEL on an unattended access connection.  WHERE IS IT?  GotoAssist 4 was fine until it randomly stopped creating sessions.  It eventually creates one and works normally, but this is very frustrating!

chrisg750
        Active Contributor

If you hover over the the top toolbar you will see it. It doesn't work 3/4 of the time for me lately, but the button is there. 

chrisg750
      Active Contributor

Hello Glen,

Thanks for the reply! 

Connecting to Windows 10 Pro clients via unattended support sessions. When I press the CTRL ALT DEL on the toolbar, nothing happens. It's like if I'm not pressing any button at all. There's no error message or no confirmation of anything. I can move the mouse, but that's about it.

After going through a quick search it seems as though there are other users who also have this issue. The only solution for me thus far, is to open a session with v4 to press CTRL ALT DEL, and then I can carry on with v5. It's an even bigger issue for us specifically because I stopped adding v4 to our new clients months ago.  Going to have to start adding v4 to every client from now just in case. 

Woly
    New Contributor

Hello,

have you ever got an answer to your question no. ?

Is there a button somewhere to enable copy to clipboard being ON by default? In my own experience, that's a very common feature that should be on by default because of how frequently its used.

I agree with you, i should be ON by default - or even let me choose the default behavior.

GlennD
      GoTo Manager

Hi Woly, welcome to the community.

In GoToAssist Remote Support v5 there is no option to enable  Clipboard Sync by default. Once the session is connected you can enable it by clicking on the button at the top of the Console window.