Forum Discussion

Shaun77
Active Contributor
6 years ago

GoToAssist Mac 10.15 Catalina support

Catalina is goin to be released soon and GoToAssist still doesn't work. Is there an update coming soon?

It's very cumbersome having to use the web based Rescue instead of the regular GoToAssist app on my Macbook

GlennD
    5 years ago

Hi,

We are finishing up things on the new Mac 64 bit version of GoToAssist Remote Support and plan to release it early next week.

Here is what you need to know:

1. If you use a Mac to support your customers, do not update to Catalina until you have updated to the Remote Support release or you will not be able to use the technician software. You can use RescueAssist on Catalina now as it is already a 64 bit application.
    2. You will need to update your Mac Unattended to the new release before upgrading to Catalina.
    3. We will be releasing the update as an Infrequent Update initially, so you will need to set the Mac or it's device group to Infrequent Updates and then select the new version in order for the Unattended Mac to receive it.
    marintech
    Active Contributor
    Tomorrow it should be released, I won't be able to update as I would then not be able to use GTA, and that would kill my business. I sure hope there is an updated version waiting to drop at the same time.
      GlennD
      GoTo Manager

Hi,

We are finishing up things on the new Mac 64 bit version of GoToAssist Remote Support and plan to release it early next week.

Here is what you need to know:

1. If you use a Mac to support your customers, do not update to Catalina until you have updated to the Remote Support release or you will not be able to use the technician software. You can use RescueAssist on Catalina now as it is already a 64 bit application.
      2. You will need to update your Mac Unattended to the new release before upgrading to Catalina.
      3. We will be releasing the update as an Infrequent Update initially, so you will need to set the Mac or it's device group to Infrequent Updates and then select the new version in order for the Unattended Mac to receive it.
        Shaun77
        Active Contributor

Just to chime in since this is marked as a solution, it's not.

1. I've already upgraded, hence my post where I noticed GTA no longer works.

2 & 3 This isn't an issue with unattended support, it's an issue with me, the admin that connects to support hundreds of machines.

I'm stuck using RescueAssist which frankly is just awful. With the GTA app, I can have an easy to navigate list of my clients, A separate chat window, a client screen running full screen on a monitor. Using a browser based solution is clunky and cumbersome. 

One simple yet major problem is I assign GTA to a specific desktop or monitor specifically so I can have my browser in another desktop or monitor. With RA I'm having to rip off tabs and move everything around every time I want to work the way I have for years with GTA.

Hopefully GTA will be here soon. This wasn't a secret. We've all been having to click the "This app is not optimized" warning for the last year+ because GTA was 32bit. It's astonishing it hasn't been ported to 64bit in 2.5 years!

• Any time estimates when this will be fixed? We just need to know if we need to drop gotoassist and switch to a new solution.

AshC
      Retired GoTo Contributor

studio1  As long as your expert is running versoin 4.7, then everything should be working.  Please create a case with Customer Support if you're still experiencing difficulty.

Shaun77
        Active Contributor

Can anyone recommend an alternative? We're going to move our clients and company off GTA since they obviously have no interest in fixing it. We can't continue working with all these issues.

Most of the time when we try creating a session on a Mac, it just hangs on "Creating Support Session" so we can't even use GTA.

When it does work, we have to change to light mode because they can't be bothered to fix the text in dark mode.

They've had well over 2 years to get 64bit and dark mode working properly. What we spend on GTA is better spent on something that actually works. 

• In the Mojave/Catalina OS
    Go to System Preferences: System and Security, Privacy Tab Click padlock at bottom of screen to unlock and make changes, Then go to
     ACCESSIBILITY TAB,( Click the lock at the bottom to make changes), enter credentials, then put check marks anything LMI(LogMeIn or G2p GoToMyPC Related (for your plan, including GoToAssist if subscribed) also look for BASH (very important for mouse control) and AESERVER as well ,
    For Catalina users: Then go down to all other folders especially Full Disk Access and SCREEN RECORDER put check marks, for Logmein Client, LMI Gui Agent and so forth, This will only show up if you are Catalina, Everyone else (Mojave users) Its Just Accessibility
    Click lock to save changes, and then restart if that doesn’t work go back again two more times Restart and that should, do it.

Same applies to GoToMeeting and GoToAssist

gmill
      New Contributor

When I open gotoassist version 1673 in Catalina it says downloading the required version of GoTOAssist...

then it errors out with An error occurred while downloading the required version of GoTOAssist.  Please try to launch GoToAssist from the website or try again late.

Please help, I can not work without this working.

AshC
        Retired GoTo Contributor

gmill Have you done anything to troubleshoot the GoToAssist installation like removing older versions, rebooting and reconnecting again?