Forum Discussion

Narendran Gopal
8 years ago

How to notify customers when an agent reply to their incident?

My customers are not getting an update email when I post any comment on their incident. Without any notification email, they have to keep coming back to check if there is any update by the agents or not.
  • We have GoToAssist set up to create incidents when users send emails to a particular email address.  The incident will have the customer of the person that sent the email and the watchlist will include everyone that was on the email.

When we add comments and check the watchlist, an email is sent to the customer and all the users in the watchlist.  However if someone replies to that email, we only get an update in the incident.   We would like everyone to get the reply from the one user.  Is this possible to do?  Thanks.

AshC
    Retired GoTo Contributor
    Hi Naren,
    I'm not sure why it's not a default setting, just mainly that we receive a lot of spam complaints--- so we try not to send too many unneeded communications if possible.

• Hi Ash,

What I don't understand is that an agent get a notification email every time when there is an update to any incident. But why do we have to setup a trigger to get a notification email to customers when Agent responds?

Thanks
    Naren