Forum Discussion

Mary Forbes
Active Contributor
8 years ago

Make the Closure Comment optional?

Can the Optional Closure comment be changed or deleted?  Why does it get sent to the user when the ticket is in a resolved status, but not closed.  Currently it say "Incident closed as it has been resolved".  We recently set up a new resolved status "Pending User Confirmation" and uncheck the Close before saving...leaves the ticket open until user responds.  The user is receiving the comment Incident closed as it has been resolved in addition to the triggered comment we have added. 
    GlennD
    GoTo Manager
    Hi Mary,

Apologies, I may have misunderstood your issue. I've had some co-workers take a look at what you have posted and it appeared someone had changed the status fo the incident. I've created a case for you with Support so a Rep will be in contact to investigate further and identify any issues with Service Desk.

Mary Forbes
    Active Contributor

Why is it adding the closure comment?  The incident is not closed.  It is still open.  Seems to be a system issue.

GlennD
    GoTo Manager
    Hi Mary,

Unfortunately, at this time it can only be changed per incident, not as a default. I am going to set this as an Idea for a product improvement.