Forum Discussion

Sidhu
New Contributor
9 months ago

Camera is OFF even when camera status is ON in preview window.

Steps:

1. Launched Goto connect app.

2. entered meeting id clicked on join.

3. camera mic preview window appeared.

4. changed status of camera to ON.

5. clicked on start my session button.

6. goto connect meeting screen appeared and camera is OFF when it supposed to be ON.

Note: This issue observed in some 2 machines out of 7 machines.

KateG
    GoTo Moderator

Sidhu Can you describe a bit more about what you see when the meetings starts? Are you able to turn your camera on using the menu on the bottom?

Sidhu
      New Contributor

KateG,          

Condition:

1. In system1  goto app, I have logged in with Account 1 and scheduled meeting meet1.

2. In System 2 i have not logged in to goto app.

3.  In System 2 I have used meet1 meeting ID and clicked join button and i got mic and camera preview window which shows "join when session starts" button.  in this window i have made camera ON.

4. Clicked on  "join when session starts"  button it displayed "waiting to join".

5. Now in System 1 started the meet1 it started the meeting. 

6. In system 2 also meeting got stated. In meeting screen camera is OFF. 

7. As mentioned in point 3 camera was ON. So, in meeting screen camera should be ON. This is exactly my query.

As i don't have permission to attach screenshots here. So, i could not attach any of the screenshots.

KateG
        GoTo Moderator

Sidhu thanks for the additional information.

I tried joining a meeting from the preview window with the camera on and it remained on and with the camera off and it remained off.

To clarify, when you turn the camera on during the preview, do you see your camera on (your image) or is the camera off even though you set it on? 

Sorry about the trouble with posting images, I'll follow up with my colleague on what may be causing this.