Forum Discussion

LandyAtkinson
New Contributor
2 months ago

Conference Bridge - We frequently have users enter Ghost Rooms

We have several Conference Bridges setup and a couple are used for weekly conference call meetings.  There are usually 4-5 people on a call, most of which call in from a phone VoIP phone on your system or the GoTo app.  On many of these weekly calls at least one person winds up in a Ghost Room and thinks they are waiting for others to join, but nobody shows up.  They test others who tell them they are on the call waiting, so the Ghost Room caller hangs up and calls again.  On the 2nd or 3rd attempt, they succeed in joining the correct Conference Bridge.

This behavior has been going on for a long time.  I called support about it many months ago and was told they had never heard of such a thing.  I called again today because 2 of the 4 people wound up in on one Bridge and 2 wound up on another Bridge.  After texting everyone, two of us hung up  and called back in again.  One made it on the first try and the 2nd made it on the 3rd try, so we could hold our conference call.

I called support after the call and they looked at logs and saw that several people called into the Bridge more than once, but didn't see any issues.  Again, I was told this is not something people have reported as an issue.

Any ideas how to resolve this?

KateG
      GoTo Moderator

Hi LandyAtkinson welcome to the GoTo Community, 

After checking with the team, we aren't sure what is going on here, the recommendation is to continue working with our support team who can review logs and escalate this internally if needed. I do hope we find a resolution for your soon. 

• My Support call has  (removed)  GoToConnect   assigned if that is useful.