Forum Discussion

Tdub116
Active Contributor
2 years ago

GoTo Machine Wide Install getting error "Per-user installation of this product already Exists..."

"Per-user installation of this product already exists for some user profiles on this machine. Mixing per-user and per-machine installations is not allowed."    Seeking a way to fully remove the Per...
    Tdub116
    2 years ago

I am shocked that others have not ran into this issue before. 

There is information on deploying to multiple computers (see below, I am using a third part tool but i'd image GPO would work just fine). That is not even the issue here, the issue is that I must track down on my own the profile this per-user install is linked under (and really could be more than 1, for me to be able to push out the machine-wide (and future updates) moving forward.

How do I deploy the GoTo app to multiple computers? - GoTo Connect Support

Third part tool that allows me to do this with the Machine-wide installer called immy.bot works the same as GPO or any service pushing out software silently. It only fails on the computers that have the per-user installer installed.

My Conclusion: Since GoTo has no way to wiping their per-user installer from a computer, I have to manually find the computers that have this issue (which really means finding the ones that fail when I push an update out for the machine-wide installer). Then connect to them directly and start by deleting all old profiles, if that doesn't work then I need to sign into the profiles I can and have the user sign into their profile until I track down the profile that has the per-user install. Remove the per-user GoTo app under that profile and then and only then can I push out the GoTo Machine-wide and future updates to those computers…..