Forum Discussion

JeannaM
New Contributor
5 years ago

Can't hide attendee bubbles in New UI

Hello.  While I can control the attendee list and hide it, I cannot hide the attendee bubbles on the new UI.  This presents issues for me when hosting meetings with contracted clients who have privacy clauses in place with our organization.   I have addressed this issue repeatedly with customer support.   Please advise when this will be fixed on the new UI.

AshC
    4 years ago

With the latest GoToMeeting release, when you hide the Attendee list for everyone this will also anonymize the Attendee Bubbles where the webcam images reside.  

Thanks for your patience while this feature was finalized. 

AshC
    Retired GoTo Contributor

Hello Jeanna,

I'm sorry, it does appear there are some privacy concerns with the new GoToMeeting interface, where the Attendee List does not seem 'hideable'.  We'll work to escalate this issue and release a fix as fast as possible.  Thanks for bringign it up here.

Mag1

Hi all,

When conducting market research interviews, it is important that the meeting organizer has the option to blind the identity of all call participants.  While we can hide attendee lists, there is currently no option in GoToMeeting for a meeting organizer to hide a participant's name from appearing when they talk.  If the participant provides their full name and uses the computer audio (or pins their phone to the web link) that can un-blind the participants identity.  Currently, we are actively reminding participants not to provide their full name, but having a feature that allows the organizer to hide the name of the participant talking would make the process less cumbersome and would be more effective.  While we do understand that this may not seem like a priority for normal conference calls, it is very important product feature for market research use.

Thanks!

AshC
      Retired GoTo Contributor

Hi there,

Thank you for the GoToMeeting usage case around participant privacy.

This topic has been discussed before, and I'm not sure yet if the new GoToMeeting interface will change the behavior of showing Attendee initials on screen.  If we hear of any updates around this enhancement idea, we'll update the community with new information as it comes in.

• Even in setting, I disabled list of attendees,

in the new view of gotomeeting, it's appearing like this : 

This is making big problem for my business privacy.

This is happening when attendees is using new view.

RobinsonS1
    New Contributor

Hi,

Is it possible to hide the attendee list in a GTM from other attendees on the iPad app?

I know you can do it on desktop but need to know if you can do it on the iPad app.

Thanks!!

AshC
      Retired GoTo Contributor

Hey folks,

We've made some changes to the newest GoToMeeting versions to improve the privacy: 

• The avatar initials should be A1, A2, A3 etc. instead of attendee initials. 
      • The who’s taking will show annonymous attendee numbers as well
        Macato

Hello, has this issue already been resolved? We don't find any way to hide the attendee's bubble and if this is not possible, the whole software is not suitable for us bcause during webinars attendees should not see who else is attendeeing - happy if you can help us with this issue.

Thank you ans best regards

Wannabee
    New Contributor

In the GoToMeeting platform, you have the ability to turn off the attendee list so the attendees can't see the actual list but at the same time the attendees still can see who is in the room because they're listed at the top of the screen.  My suggestion would be to have the option to turn off that view as well so the attendees can't see who is in the room.

AshC
      Retired GoTo Contributor

Wannabee  In the newest GoToMeeting versions you should not be able to see Attendee Initials any more.  Can you please confirm what version you have installed there? 

Wannabee
        New Contributor

That would be great. I hope that's true. I have version 10.8.0 Build 16786. If that's not the latest build, how do I get it?

Thank you

trader777
    Active Contributor

Hello,

I've been with goto meeting for many years.

I was able to simply share a screen without anyone knowing who's in the meeting.

Now some are saying their names are displayed as you see here.

https://gyazo.com/7a41b40b621683135911c8672bdce4c3

I open my meeting in the old system, thinking my members would open their app on the old too.

Yet some members, not all, see the bubles with their names inside.

I disabled the attendees list as you see here

https://gyazo.com/32ab5fd12a28df92949f985174726264

and yet they are still able to see the list.

1 member said he was found on facebook, a competion of mine,  offering him a better deal.

He told him that he was found thru the names listed on the bubbles.

Can you please fix this problem.

Also, as a moderator, i disabled chat, which works perfectly.

But, is there a way i can still private message a memeber without having to enable the the chat.

I would just like to have a 1 to 1 chat with a member but still keeping the chat disabled for everyone.

Thank You

Frank

Simone1
    Active Contributor

Hello,

I've noticed that the names of participants are not recorded on their webcams.

The webcam section is recorded and shows on the recording, and the names did show on the live session.

Is there a reason for that, and something that can be done to fix it?

Thanks in advance!

AshC
      Retired GoTo Contributor

With the latest GoToMeeting release, when you hide the Attendee list for everyone this will also anonymize the Attendee Bubbles where the webcam images reside.  

Thanks for your patience while this feature was finalized.