Forum Discussion

aldersv99
Active Contributor
4 months ago

Captioning - can you confirm the beta captioning is available to all attendees?

I notice beta captioning has popped up on go to meeting - can someone confirm this is now available for all delegates that join a  go to meeting.  I have a go to meeting on Monday want to be sure all delegate who join and need captioning can do so via this beta method box i have appearing as a organiser. 

Does it matter if they join via the download app or via browser and if it matters if they join via mac?

If this could be answered today much appreciated!

Thanks

• HI aldersv99 nice to see you. 

Closed Caption is not currently available to all accounts, but should soon. 

Since you have it, as the organizer, your attendees will also have it available, so your delegates should be able to use closed caption on Monday. 

KateG
    GoTo Moderator

HI aldersv99 nice to see you. 

Closed Caption is not currently available to all accounts, but should soon. 

Since you have it, as the organizer, your attendees will also have it available, so your delegates should be able to use closed caption on Monday. 

aldersv99
      Active Contributor

Thank you Kate very helpful.  Can i ask is captioning available when you share the recorded session? 

KateG
        GoTo Moderator

aldersv99 hope the meeting went well today. 

For recordings, viewers would not closed captions if the organizer enabled it on their end, but there are options to use subtitles and transcripts. 

• If it was a local recording, depending on the media player used to view, a viewer can use subtitles. 
        • If it's a cloud recording a viewer has the option to use the transcript available.