Forum Discussion

GotAMeeting
5 years ago

GoToMeeting-Plugin for Outlook isn't working suddenly

Hello together,

I was working with the GoToMeeting Plug-In within my Outlook for couple months now. About 2 weeks ago Outlook started giving an error massage when i tried to create a meeting,  The error massage reads as the following: "Unfortunately, an error has occurred while processing your request. Please try again. If you need assistance, please contact Global Customer Support"

I never changed my settings or similar so I'm interested why it suddenly stopped working

Thank you very much

• Hi again,

i found a solution and it was quite easy. In Outlook go to the "Add-Ins" Ribbon, click on "Settings" in the GoToMeeting-part and and choose "Logout".

Then try to plan a meeting or use the adhoc one, you get asked for your credetials, enter them, et viola it works again.

Kind regards

Tapsy
    Active Contributor

Hi,

any news on this issue?

We have the same problem.

Kind regards

AshC
    Retired GoTo Contributor

Hi,

Are you able to confirm a couple of things there: 

1. Have you checked your GoToMeeting audio settings online to include integrated audio by default? 
    2. Was the plugin re-installed on the problem PC?
    3. What happens when you log out / in again? 
      Tapsy
      Active Contributor

Hi AshC,

1. Just checked it, it's set to use the integrated audio.

2. Does not change anything, still the same error.

3. Where can i log out? Logging out from the "desktop-app" does not change anything. I don't get asked for my credentials when starting Outlook, so i think it is still logged in.

Kind regards.

AshC
    Retired GoTo Contributor

Thanks, can you also specify what operating system and Outlook version is affected? 

Tapsy
      Active Contributor

It's Windows 10 (1909 and all Patches installed) and Outlook 2016 Professional Plus (all Patches installed).

Tapsy
        Active Contributor

Hi again,

i found a solution and it was quite easy. In Outlook go to the "Add-Ins" Ribbon, click on "Settings" in the GoToMeeting-part and and choose "Logout".

Then try to plan a meeting or use the adhoc one, you get asked for your credetials, enter them, et viola it works again.

Kind regards