Forum Discussion

KellyMJ
New Contributor
2 years ago

Participants webcams hide when organizer is presenting

Until recently a meeting organizer could view participants webcams while screen sharing using the "pop out" button on the meeting toolbar.  

Over the last few days this function does show cameras at the beginning of the screen share but as soon as the organizer clicks on the screen they're sharing - eg PowerPoint or document etc - the cameras are no longer seen by the organizer.

This is happening to all of our employees.

Does anyone know how to stop this from happening please?

KateG
    2 years ago

8/21/2023: Update: This feature is currently available. 

KellyMJHelen_M We do hear the need for customers to have the ability to keep webcams on top, we will be sure to update the Community as soon as we get an update on the feature. 

KateG
    GoTo Moderator

Hi KellyMJ  welcome to the Community. 

We have received similar feedback around the chat box feature recently.  When using the Pop Out (Flexible layout) only the toolbar remains on top and you need to click the icon to keep a feature open if you are sharing something.  A couple of options: If you have a second monitor you can keep the cameras open on the second screen or if you only have one screen you can just share just an application window and resize it so it doesn't fill the whole window. 

We see that the need to 'pin on top' various windows and have shared this feedback with the team.  We will keep the Community aware of updates to this feature. 

mi-we-de
      New Contributor

Hi KateG,

any news on this issue?

Basically all our speakers of our daily hybrid seminars would like to have the cameras of online participants always on top on the screen so the in situ participants can also see the online participants - as it was with older versions of G2M, same applies to the Chat window.

I assume that we are not the only ones missing this feature badly.

KateG
        GoTo Moderator

Hi mi-we-de welcome to the GoTo Community. I got an update today that the team is working on a fix for this and it should be available in a future release. I will update this thread when I hear further. Thanks for your feedback!