Forum Discussion

AdminLife
Active Contributor
2 years ago

Connection Issues

Anyone else having a lot of connection issues today? Users have been calling me all day. They either can't connect, or their session freezes and then are unable to re-connect. Re-starting GTMPC on the machine fixes the problem, but it's crazy annoying.

KateG
      GoTo Moderator

Hi awphillipsAdminLife thanks for your report. There are currently no outage reports with GoToMyPC. Is this still occurring? Once you restart, is it resolved? Do you receive any error messages or is there anything else unusual occurring? Thanks again! 

awphillips
        Active Contributor

Waiting for the host computer to connect...

A connection could not be established

Restarting the GoToMyPC service seems to fix the issue, but that is generally a once or twice a week sort of thing. I've had several just this afternoon. Not normal.

J.1
    Contributor

Happened to us this AM. Had to do the service restarts on our user machines as well. I think we've had eight so far.

awphillips
      Active Contributor

We've had about 10 that I know of this morning. Usually just restarting the service works, but in a couple cases we've had to restart the computer AND restart the service a few minutes later. 

• i am having the same issues

for about the last week, i need someone at the physical location to restart my computer, about everytime i try to connect-about twice a day

MD_Chi
    New Contributor

This is currently happening to us and seems to happen EVERY time they run overnight maintenance.  Every single time.  It's time we moved our 45 licenses elsewhere.

Suel

Yes...I could not connect to my host computer yesterday.  I am at my host computer today and do not see any reason why it should not connect.

AdminLife
    Active Contributor

Day 3 of this nonsense and users are still reaching out to me with connection issues, often the same users. This constant restarting of services, restarting computers, and reinstalling software is unacceptable. GoToMyPC is not reliable enough for business use. Time to start looking elsewhere.

MD_Chi
      New Contributor

Same... and still nothing from GoTo.

Really bad experience with no explanations ever.

When we find a suitable alternative, we will be moving off this platform.

GlennD
        GoTo Manager

As part of our ongoing efforts to improve the GoToMyPC experience, we migrated our on-prem infrastructure to a high-performing cloud-based environment in January. Over the subsequent months, we have continued to fine-tune system performance in the cloud environment.  

Since Monday, we’ve seen an increase in reports of connectivity issues. This impacts a small subset of our customer base. Our engineers adjusted the configuration of the system to address these issues, and we are closely monitoring the system performance to address any subsequent potential issues. Please refer to the status page for the latest. 

At GoTo, we take our commitment to providing reliable and secure remote access seriously, and we appreciate your patience and understanding as we work to resolve these issues.