Forum Discussion

Shannen
Contributor
12 months ago

Error message when playing an uploaded video

Uploaded three MP4 videos to played during an upcoming webinar. Did a test/rehearsal today and when we try to play the videos, we get a message saying "Sorry, this portion of the webinar cannot be viewed on your device". Three of us got that message on three difference devices. What is causing this issue and how do I fix it so we can play the videos.

• Thank you. I have not found any other reports of similar issues recently and from your description I suspect the issue was with the initial upload, possibly the files were corrupted or incomplete. 

• Hi Shannen,

• Were you using Practice Mode or did you start the webinar early to practice? 
    • Can you share more details about the devices that were being used? Windows PCs, Mac, Smartphones?
    • How were the videos you uploaded created? Even though they are MP4s there maybe a compatibility issue
    • Have you shared videos successfully in the past? If you have could you try adding one of the past videos as a test and try to play it in a new rehearsal? 
      Shannen
      Contributor

Hi Glenn. My answers below. Thanks.

• Were you using Practice Mode or did you start the webinar early to practice? I was using Practice Mode
      • Can you share more details about the devices that were being used? Windows PCs, Mac, Smartphones? 2 HP laptops and 1 Dell laptop
      • How were the videos you uploaded created? Even though they are MP4s there maybe a compatibility issue  They were sent to me by the presenter, so not sure how they were created, but definitely look professionally done
      • Have you shared videos successfully in the past? If you have could you try adding one of the past videos as a test and try to play it in a new rehearsal? Yes, have played videos many times in the past

The videos did initially play last week but wouldn't play yesterday.
      I just deleted the 3 videos and then re-uploaded them and now they are playing.  But of course, I'm still nervous about what caused the issue and if it could happen again. My webinar is tomorrow.

GlennD
        GoTo Manager

Thank you. I have not found any other reports of similar issues recently and from your description I suspect the issue was with the initial upload, possibly the files were corrupted or incomplete.