Forum Discussion

GTM254
Active Contributor
4 months ago

GoTo App and GoToWebinar

It was my understanding that the new GoTo app was to be universal for use with GoToMeeting and GoToWebinar.

I have the new GoTo app installed on my machine. Today, when joinging a GoToWebinar, it opened the prompt to open with GoTo Opener, to which I said yes. It then indicated it was downloading GoToWebinar?

Why is it downloading GoToWebinar if I have the GoTo app installed? 

They say the GoToMeeting and GoToWebinar apps are obsolete, why are they downloading? Thanks.

• Hi GTM254,

That is what we are working towards and while the majority of GoTo Meeting customers are now using the GoTo App, most GoTo Webinar customers are still using the Classic Experience. We continue to work on feature parity and as more webinar features are added more customers will be able to move to the GoTo App.

GlennD
    GoTo Manager

Hi GTM254,

That is what we are working towards and while the majority of GoTo Meeting customers are now using the GoTo App, most GoTo Webinar customers are still using the Classic Experience. We continue to work on feature parity and as more webinar features are added more customers will be able to move to the GoTo App.

GTM254
      Active Contributor

So are you saying that if a someone hosting the GoToWebinar is using the classic experience, that the folks joining the meeting will not be able to use the new GoTo, but will have to use the older GoToWebinar? I just want to ensure I understand. Thanks.