Forum Discussion

rcipNJTPA
New Contributor
4 years ago

Panelist cannot Join GoToWebinar Session...Firewall Block

Good Morning,   I am hosting a Symposium on GoToWebinar and one of my panelist's Firewall blocks GoToWebinar.  He works for a very large technology company and said it will takes weeks for an appro...
    4 years ago

There is a phone number and access code that Panelists can use. This means the Panelist can call in to the webinar using only a telephone and be able to hear everything and speak to the webinar audience.

WARNING:  You cannot mute this person nor remove them from the webinar.  You do not even know they are connected to the webinar unless you hear them actually speaking.

If this person forgets they are connected, then you still hear every noise coming from their location.

What if this person shares the phone number and access code by forwarding the email you sent?  If this happens, then anyone who has this phone number and access code can connect to your webinar, speak at will, and you can do nothing about it, short of ending the webinar for everyone.

Here is where to find this special phone number and access code.

In the Dashboard at gotowebinar.com, navigate to this particular webinar. In the Settings section of the webpage, you see a phone number in the AUDIO section, and then just below that you see an Access Code for the Panelist.  That phone number and Access Code will give anyone unrestricted speaking access to the webinar.

The only time I have used this feature is with a Panelist who I know will not abuse the high level of  privilege they are given.  And then only as a last resort.