Forum Discussion

Anthony Santiag1
Active Contributor
3 years ago

Registrants autofilling in the custom question field with the first line of their address :(

My registrants are autofilling in the custom question field with the first line of their address, instead of answering my custom question. How do I stop this happening? I want their answer to my custom question, not the first line of their address 😞

Anyone else getting this issue? Is it a browser issue, or to do with the way the forms are set up? The questin I ask is very speciic and asks what their issues are on a particular topic. The wording isn't even remotely similar to "Address line 1"

• Thank you. Interestingly, Chrome only offers to fill the first custom question when I click into it to answer, and I suspect that is because it has the word 'address' at the end. If you replaced the word address with resolve, or improve I think the registrants' browsers would stop offering to auto-fill that question.

GlennD
    GoTo Manager

Hi Anthony Santiag1, welcome to the community.

It's a browser issue with the autofill feature, what is the order of questions on your registration page? Do you have one live currently that we could take a look at?

GlennD
    GoTo Manager

Thank you. Interestingly, Chrome only offers to fill the first custom question when I click into it to answer, and I suspect that is because it has the word 'address' at the end. If you replaced the word address with resolve, or improve I think the registrants' browsers would stop offering to auto-fill that question.

Anthony Santiag1
      Active Contributor

Thanks for the tip GlennD, I hadn't thought that that word 'address' in a different context might trigger the autofill from the browser. I'll get it changed and hopefully this resolves the issue.