Forum Discussion

Kelly12
Active Contributor
3 years ago

Screen Share crops bottom of presentation

Does anyone else have an issue where when you share your screen it crops the bottom of your presentation off? This is in the live webinar and recordings. The footer shows fine on the slides and on the person who is sharing the slide's screen, but it crops on the attendee view.

Does anyone know why it does this or how to fix?

This is how the footer should appear (and how it does appear on the powerpoint) for reference. 

• I've seen this before and, if I recall correctly, how the screen is shared can cause the bottom to be cropped.  I believe sharing the whole desktop rather than sharing the application itself will prevent this issue.

You might also experiment with setting the taskbar to autohide if this is on a Windows machine.

Kelly12
      Active Contributor

Ah brilliant, thank you for the advice, I'll try that out! 

AshC
      Retired GoTo Contributor

Kelly12  Have you been able to troubleshoot with the presenter at all, experimenting with different screen sharing options?  As long as the PowerPoint is not in Presenter mode, then sharing the entire screen should show the entirety of each slide in-deck. 

Kelly12
        Active Contributor

I will do run some tests of different ways to share the screen, I just wasn't sure if I was missing something basic! Thank you