Forum Discussion

GlennD
GoTo Manager
2 years ago

Take a look at the new GoTo Webinar experience

Hi,

As the new GoTo Webinar experience is now  available, I thought I would share this short video demonstrating the current in-session Organizer experience. You will find the new User Guide here.

When it is available for your account you will see a banner at the top of your dashboard after your sign in on the website.  You will also have the option to opt-out and return to the Classic GoTo Webinar experience by signing in on the website and going to Settings.

• Ask the GoTo Pros: Join one of our live weekly Q&A sessions hosted by our Customer Success Team. Register HERE.

RyanEMuise
    Active Contributor

Hey, our clients keep asking us every day when these features will be available and we keep saying "soon", please tell me some good news that this is on the cusp of release? Thanks.

CCMDigital
    Active Contributor

Hi team,

It's been some months with no apparent response on this - we would really like to know when this will be available for us in the Australia/APAC region. Can someone please give us some sort of timeline? So many of our panelists really want to use a native custom background feature

Thank you

Fran_Simon
    Valued Contributor
    Hey, Glenn, does this work with Webcasts? I think the major improvement is adding breakout rooms. Has there been any improvement to the certificates?
    GlennD
    GoTo Manager

HI Fran, the new experience currently supports Standard events only. If you are hosting a Webcast, a Password-protected webinar event, or a Recorded event, you will be launched in the classic experience. The team's main focus right now is feature parity with GoToWebinar Classic, so adding support for Webcasts, Recorded events, etc. Improvements to Certificates is one of the top requests for when the core work is completed, and I will definitely update you once there is news. 

Breakout rooms will be a great addition along with improvements already available in the GoTo App such as native custom backgrounds, and the new webcam zoom and pan. 

Anastasis_it
    Active Contributor

Thank you, Glenn!

I'm eager to give it a try, but I can't find in my Account "Join Options".

May it depend on I'm  currently using the Italian Interface Language?
    I remember that when I started working with GTW in 2015, the English User Interface had many additional options the Italian one doesnt' have...
    Thank you very much in advance!

Roberto

GlennD
    GoTo Manager

Hi Anastasis_it, I am checking with the team now. Since this is beta we may not have the new interface translated fully yet. 

Anastasis_it
      Active Contributor

Thank you very much Glenn!

I've checked changing the language of my profile, either to International English,or to US English, and still I don't have the option.

R

Anastasis_it
        Active Contributor

Hi Glenn!

Any news about the availability of the new GTW?
        I'm planning the Back to school Webinar Season and I don't know if by the beginning of September we'll be able to leverage the new functionalities.

Thanks a lot in advance!
        Roberto

CCMDigital
    Active Contributor

Hi Glenn,

This looks great and we are super keen to give it a go.

We are based in Australia, and cannot see the option yet - assuming it has not rolled out to the APAC region yet. Do you know when other regions such as ours may have the option to enable the Beta experience?

Thank you!

fedstrive1
    New Contributor

Hello, 

Thank you for the update. Our team conducted a test run last week and shared the following questions/feedback:

• How can we completely hide the “Record” button from the participant display? It is important that this is NOT visible at all to our participants. The current setting, where the “Record” image is visible is not an option for our organization. We understand that it is turned off and the participant cannot record, but the image cannot be visible at all.
    • The view of the ppt slide was small compared to the screen; it wasn’t intuitive how to make the slide full screen. The plus/minus toggle on the right side didn’t make it full screen, but instead just cut off part of the slide.
    • When using Merge it made several black boxes that we couldn’t navigate out of, and could no longer see the slide that was being shared, and couldn’t find it again.
    • Can we hide the Participant View “view of minutes remaining countdown box”?
    • Is there an estimated set retirement date for GoTo Webinar Classic? Can you please provide a clearer explanation regarding the switch? Will there always be two options available, the new GoTo Webinar and GoTo Webinar Classic? Our annual subscription renews soon, and we want to ensure that we’ll be able to implement Classic for the full 2025 calendar year.
      KateG
      GoTo Moderator

Hi fedstrive1

Welcome to the GoTo Community and thanks for sharing your feedback here, this will be shared with the team. Following your points: 

• The record button can not be removed at this time. Can you share why this should be removed? This would help when sharing feedback with the product developers
      • To better understand the PPT slide being smaller, is this for the presenter or attendee? If presenter and using flexible layout, you can control the window size; if  merged, you can pin the tile so it's enlarged on your screen. 
      • I would need to see a screenshot if possible, I'm not sure what you are seeing. 
      • If you click on the timer you will see the option to hide it from attendees

• The new GTW experience is still in beta and there currently isn't a timeline for deprecation of the classic app.